1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

On the contrary, we've been told that the release was quickened.

Excited to see a player making mechanical adjustments and it working out. So many players went from star to bust thanks to having no jumper, and Jalen intends to not join their ranks.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Today was the first game where I saw him use his quickness consistently. Good stuff.

Further down the line he'll need to add to his game decision making at the point of where the defenders set for the charge.

Nook and bmelo like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watch them come creeping and crawling back, game after game. Year after year…

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Build around Green, I'm serious...

Htown Legend, vator, Fulgore and 2 others like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

They'll stay mute but will look for a bad game to say I told you so... All while wearing a Green jersey and pony tail..

Nook, Amel, mario_v and 3 others like this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Maybe i was meant to say, not rushing in to bad shots. Being more settled before releasing the ball

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It’s almost like it’s premature and stupid to label a 19 yo a bust or try to project his career less than half a season into his career. As a rookie, Green will have highs and lows as he gains experience and at 19, his best years are in front of him.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wouldn't bet against this guy. I really wouldn't. He's improved a lot already since day 1.

I watch Green and I'm satisfied with the pick. Mobley and Barnes have been great but I'm still happy we have him, as a prospect he still has a pretty high ceiling as a scorer.

I'd love to pair him with a young Lowry type of PG that is more concerned with running the team and playing defense.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Exactly... There are guys out there like this to draft or poach off other teams... People always wanna develop big men... Develop these young generals that have real PG instincts but probably aren't great shooters...

10. DreamR

DreamR Member

What we're starting to see now is help defenders starting to take charges when Green drives hard

Would love to see him add a floater and a euro step to score when defenders position themselves to take a charge

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

A floater and a stop and pop consistent mid range jumper would make him deadly. He had some good moments defensively tonight too.

charlieaustin and apollo33 like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Add these 2 things in the offseason and he will be unbeetabol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alethios and 18pbr like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess nobody is telling you to bet against him or betting at all.

The problem this offseason is partly Stone.

Signed Theis, forced Wall into this 'Shut up and ride the pine' agreement. Did not stress Defense enough.

Did not draft a clear 2 way player (not that Green cannot become one) but it was not clear in the summer.

A potential pure scorer was not something to prioritize IMHO given that the Rockets' Offense was never bad in the last years.

A series of unfortunate events.

#654 daywalker02, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The offense last year was terrible, what are talking about? If you're talking about before that of course it wasn't we had the greatest offensive talent of his generation (who was so bad at defense for years that there were memes, videos and jokes that continued long after he got better) and one of the greatest offensive coaches in history. None of those things are still on the roster, of course we needed to find a way to replace that offensive firepower, what are you smoking?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Our lineup usually does not suit Green at all but he’s still continuing to get efficient on offense. His off ball game has improved.

He always shares the floor with one non shooter, which limits driving space and turns him into a shooter to create space for players who can’t shoot. Theis or Nwaba. During the winning streak we were 5-out most of the time and Green would feast in high tempo 5-out.

Wood
    KJ/Sengun
    Tate/Matthews
    Green
    Gordon/JC

Green would do really well in these lineups, I think we’ll see more of it as the season progresses.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The few moments that I watch the game, he wasn't attacking the random Kyle Guy. I can't keep defending you if this keeps happening.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well I suggest not watching a few moments so you have a better understanding.

vator likes this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am very much enjoying the Jalen Green experience. This last handful of games have been night and day from what we saw earlier and he’s not just putting up respectable rookie efficiency, he’s putting up elite all star level efficiency. Not to say he’s an all star, but the improvement is fun to watch. Really really hope he can continue to add to his game like this. On the rare occasion he’s in the pick and roll I’ve been impressed with his passing, hopefully we get to see more of that.