1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

you’re such a deranged moron!
    when people here are criticizing one of the objectively worst players in the league you call them "haters", but what exactly are you? Implying deceased person who was never convicted was a rapist? How scummy is that? Have you heard the expression Rest In Peace (RIP). What do you think it means?
    you’re disgusting!

cheke64 likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

You keep using one metric to say Jalen Green is the worst player on the roster ....

But I can use WS and say KPJ is the worst.... I can use PER and say House is the worst.... I can use BPM and it's House again.... I can use VORP and it's back to Green.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

What in the world is going on in here? People do realize the Kobe quote originated from Green's old high school coach right? That's it's genesis. Are we really condemning a 19 year old rookie 15 games into the season for a comparison he made when he was 15 or 16 yrs old and the coach had most likely asked him who he wanted to pattern his game after? Perhaps you'd prefer someone with less lofty goals and aspirations? Furthermore the only MJ comps I recall seeing came from people saying that the gait with which Green runs was reminiscent of the Black Cat. Maybe a few compared the hops and hangtime. That's it though. Certainly don't recall anyone saying Jalen was MJ incarnate.

But hey we live in a world that relishes hot takes and instant gratification. One where Mobley's already been deemed a surefire HOF and NBA champion. A perfect blend of KG and Duncan with a healthy helping of Giannis sprinkled in. Maybe. Maybe not. Time will tell. What I do know is that Jalen Green's work ethic and love for the game can propel him to great heights. Keep the main thing the main thing, block out the noise, lock yourself in the lab and the rest will take care of itself.

#403 i3artow i3aller, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    DreamR, TRIQSTER, TriumVirate and 8 others like this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

it's general rule of thumb that it's always a good thing if DD doesn't like a player on our team, the more he dislikes them, the better they are.

SamFisher and TriumVirate like this.
  5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So I‘ve just watched my first full game this season - it was easy to find Green on the court when we were on offense. He was on the other side of the play almost all the time. He showed great explosiveness and a good touch - but also looked uncomfortable and a little lost. When he had the ball there weren‘t really pick and roll plays.What I don‘t get: why don‘t we make it easier for him? Design some plays that let‘s him use his strengths or give him open shots?

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DD said earlier this week that Green needs to sit and he's being hurt by having to be on the floor.

He probably just had his most consistent 2 game stretch these last 2 games.

Folks, i regret to inform you, that this is what Jalen green year 1 on schedule looks like.

This glass be half full.

7. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Jalen with 16 pts on 63% FG and 40% 3pt tonight.

He's improving over time and starting to string together consecutive solid games now.

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Seems to me that the game is starting to slow down for Jalen, and he’s finally using some shiftiness and change of pace instead of being on full tilt all the time.

I also feel like KPJ not being around has allowed the offense to flow a lot better, and Green understands how to score within the flow of the offense—the next step is to get him more *good* shots. This was what I was hoping to see from Green when we drafted him, and I bet if we had a Rubio type point guard it would be much easier for him.

I know he can keep it up.

edit: hope Porter is watching on the sidelines and trying to figure out how to utilize his guys better. If he really wants to be a point guard then it starts with his mentality

#408 Roomba, Nov 20, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We do him no favors. The plays in the 1st quarter where he cut to the basket where the 1st time I've seen that. Thats on the coaching. He is being told to stand off to the side while Eric Gordon plays point guard. That is on coaching. He gets very few pnr reps. That is on coaching. Silas is a joke. Green has had his struggles but he isnt being set up for success.

IMO Green should be pg 66% of his min on court and running pnr everytime down the court.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He’s gonna make those certain posters who called him a bust after 15 games look stupid.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He needs to work on his left hand. He seems to always go to his right.

apollo33 likes this.
  13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Liked the aggressiveness going to the basket. A good efficient game tonight. All you can expect from a rookie. He’s looking more confident but he doesn’t have much help on the floor or coaching.

At this point in his rookie year he’s basically doing what rookies even future stars do. Averaging about 15 ppg with not great shooting and a lot of turnovers.

#413 Phillyrocket, Nov 20, 2021
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

He’s definitely been going to the basket a lot more recently. His lack of aggression going to the basket and settling for 3 pointers was beginning to become a concern of mines, but not anymore. He’s absorbing contact and finishing better as well.

#414 vator, Nov 20, 2021
  15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Folks, we tried with Harden to the left.

Now we're gonna try the right.

We call this "a pivot" in the business world.

It shows a high level of acumen to iterate like that.

TriumVirate and vator like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Try some meditation maybe. Perhaps It could help with the anger issues. It's not considered girly either if you're concerned about looking into it.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He’s playing well.

KPJ being out I think has really helped him even though I didn’t think it would.

I think we’re trying to develop two guys that play the same position and we’re trying to have them both be on the floor at the same time which just makes no sense. Even if both played well they may not be able to coexist in the back court, so it’s a weird experiment.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So just sit back and watch them come crawling back…

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. Denovo

Denovo Member

I believe it may work better with proper floor spacing. It’s hard to find driving lanes with our current starting line up. We could also stagger minutes like we did with Paul and Harden.

At bare minimum if they can’t start together I think we should be ecstatic if if Porter could end up a high end 6th man type guy during our contending years.

Bo6 and palmsnbananas like this.