1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, do you make that excuse for everyone, or just the scrub we wasted the #2 pick on?

You either get assists or you don't.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm glad more and more people are ignoring you. It's like handling a child. Giving attention to bad behavior reinforces more bad behavior. Or like a cat.

Eventually you'll just be speaking to nothingness hoping your edgelord shtick triggers air.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

u try way too hard…your little schtick is boring

4. MystikArkitect

Now I'm curious to see a lineup with Green/KPJ/Tate/Martin/Wood. Ideally it'd be Sengun instead of Wood but you can't bench your superstar you know.

The offense looked *much* better yesterday with Green/Ego bringing the ball up. Not sure if it's because KPJ was gone or because there was only one big clogging up the lane. Would like to find out.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So funny to see narratives shift in real time. Kid has a nice game and then it turns into "we should have gotten a better player than Zach Lavine at 2" LOLL ... nobody from last years draft looks transcendent right now .. NOBODY.

Then some people saying that the organization is freezing Sengun because Green somehow makes him look bad???? JFC this place is a petri dish of pond water right now.

Bo6, BonziWellsGOAT and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Only a fool would think Barnes doesn’t look transcendent. Mobley as well.
    Barnes looks like a Kawhi/Giannis combo but he’s not transcendent. Lmao

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

I like Barnes and repeatedly stated that I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to trade back a little bit, get an extra pick and select him. I was ok with drafting Green but mentioned the day of or before the draft that I had a feeling that staying at 2 and taking him over Mobley could be a huge mistake. So I'm not rooting for Mobley or Barnes to fail just to make the Jalen Green pick seem like the correct choice. I hope they both achieve some measure of success and they have played well for rookies up to this point.

Saying all that to say this, I wouldn't quite drop the transcendent label on either of those guys just yet. Just like people were saying KPJ could average 20 points and 10 assists this season when much better players than him have never done so. Now they certainly both look like future all-stars in the making, but there is another level you have to reach in order to achieve superstar status and neither of those guys is on that level just yet. Some guys come into the league with it like Bird, Magic, MJ, Dream, Shaq, Lebron, etc. and some guys have to grow into that like KG, Wade, Kobe, and Giannis. Not placing a cap on their ceiling, but transcendent means you are an all-time great player that can single-handedly turn a franchise around. They need to improve to another level just to reach star status and then another few levels in order to reach superstar status and that is no easy feat so I wouldn't crown them just yet.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There are other transcendent players that weren’t elite as rookies as well though. Giannis being one. Kawhi being one. Scottie is closest thing to those two in the league.

vator likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

I know I might get crap for this question, but is Kawhi generally considered transcendent?

cmoak1982 and vator like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When he's actually playing? Yeah.

steddinotayto, cmoak1982 and xaos like this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

I actually agree with you. I do however think he is really really good. I think he is a slight tier below that in my opinion. Certainly better than your typical few-time all-star selection, but he wouldn't ever be my 1st pick to build a team around.

xaos likes this.
  12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yes, as other's have said his health limits him but what he's accomplished is trancendent.

DPOY as a wing which is rare twice, won a chip as the man, won an FMVP as a young player, as well as his playoff runs are trancendent.

Many all NBA and all defensive years, He also outplayed and beat Giannis in thier Toronto playoff series before the Bucks won later on.

A 75th anniversary player, I 'd have him as first ballot HOF.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html

xaos and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's an All-World destroyer when healthy.

xaos likes this.
  14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

You know who is box score watching when they are saying Jalen didn't have a good passing game. For all the talks about Cade being a great passer, I don't see him making any passes Green hasn't made already. Only difference is Cade has better teammates that can finish his passes. Green should've had at least 5-6 assists last night. His teammates missed so many lay-ups and wide open shots. This was probably my favorite game from Green. Played with compose, low TO (1 TO), great passes, shot efficiently against a very good defender in Dort, and played much better defense. He finally strung together back to back solid games.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

All his best plays from last night

16. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ok Kwahi is arguably the best player in the world the last 3-4 years.

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

18. csc177

csc177 Member

Never use Wood and superstar in the same sentence (even if you’re joking or being sarcastic).

dark times as a rockets fan during a rebuild

19. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Offensively he looked great yesterday, he was aggressive but not turning the ball over, moving the ball and getting to the line and hitting his threes. Can’t ask for more at this age.

Unfortunately this team blows ass and half the pick and rolls turn in to double teams bc of Theis and if you do get penetration and a help defender rotates you can guarantee the guy left open is the worst 3 PT shooter in the galaxy

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Kawhi transcends having to play in regular season games to garner regular season MVP consideration.

He's on another plane