1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Huh, that's weird. It has my name with that the comment you are replying to but it's not my comment

D-rock likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a very interesting question.

From what I can tell, with this metric, you typically have one or two rookies significantly above 0, the bulk end up well below 0

with this metric, from 2014 to 2019 you had Ben Simmons, Luka, Jokic, Mitchell Robinson (mostly for D, advanced stats love him), and KAT end up over 100 in total TPA. This season, Mobley is the only player with ANY chance of topping 100 and he likely won't make it.

NewAge likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Interestingly enough, if I look at TPA for Rockets rookies from 2009-2019, none of them are as bad as Jalen Green. The worst in that time frame was David Anderson.

Here's hoping he has one hell of a 2nd half of the season.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Accidentally responded to you initially instead of correct poster then deleted it.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

if u can’t follow then that’s your problem, I really dgaf

6. alethios

alethios Member

With his speed, he could be a cutting nightmare. He's got to exploit his speed more.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Closest thing to Unicorn in upcoming draft is Chet.

But he will not be as good as Mobley.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed…more cutting or catching it on the move with the defense scrambling

i3artow i3aller, alethios and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Are you implying that Green is equivalent to Dream????

And I remember Morey getting roasted umpteen times EVERY SINGLE season for not drafting a much less touted Kawhi.

Double standard much?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

OUCH!

Better stop, you're hurting @SamFisher feelings.

Dude is extra butt hurt with all the truth.

NewAge likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only the idiots believe ROY is not obvious slam dunk for Mobley.

And its absolutely criminal that Sengun is not getting more minutes.

Green needs to come off the bench.

NewAge likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Someone check on @SamFisher STAT!

14. dmoneybangbang

3 big lineup doesn't work without shooting either.

3 big lineup with no shooting would be hard to keep on the floor.

You said the 3 big lineup only works because of Mobley, when in fact it works because of the 3 bigs complimenting each other. Mobley is very important, but you need shooting.

It's alternative reality that you change the team make up and get the same lottery results. Very possible we keep Allen and don't keep a top 3 pick while Cavs finish worse and get a top 3 pick.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When Cade Cunningham wins ROY will there be a riot among ROCKET fans??? Hmmm.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are a lot more shooting bigs then there are players like Mobley.

Mobley's size, explosiveness and 2 way skillset combination is generational. Do you really not understand the importance of "connective tissue"?

There is reason why NBA experts keep referring to Mobley as a Unicorn. Unlike Green who named himself Unicorn.

And YOU yourself have touted the other Cavs players as talented playoff level. But even with Sexton playing at All Star level, the inclusion of JA still landed the Cavs a top 3 pick and at bottom of the East.

Rockets were so injury depleted last season that there was zero chance JA was going to lift them out of the gutter of NBA.

This is just another one of your Hail Mary fantasy narratives you love to cling to when I slap you upside your head with reality.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

not a riot but it does suck for us the Pistons wouldn't give us Cade, understandably so

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No - I'm implying that Evan Mobley isn't on the Rockets and/or really isn't relevant to whatever Green does or doesn't do on the court (unless they're playign against each other).

harold bingo likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Maybe. I have a feeling there will be a lot of "laugh now cry later" moments for this rookie class, but Cade is going supernova as of late. Leads rookies in points, 2nd in assists, 6th in rebounds, 5th in blocks, 2nd in steals, all while being the 1st option and playmaker for his team. There WAS chatter about Stone wanting to move up so who knows. Hindsight is always crystal clear, but there is still a bunch of time for the dust to settle.

I can only hope the humility of this experience will fuel Jalen Green moving forward since his self proclaimed desire to reach those heights have vanished. Time will tell. Mobley is a great player too - Im not on the "change the game - revolutionary player" wave, but he is very good.

TheRealist137 and D-rock like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its easier to let the circle jerk climax. When Jalen Green plays well they simmer down and stew waiting for his next bad game. Rinse. Repeat. IF he has too many good games in a row they will then shift the vitriol to Scooter. Its getting easy to clock the toxicity of this place.

"Rocket Fans"

LOL