1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I have to agree, Giannis is an exceptional small man ;)

D-rock likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Instagram followers.

Watching him play. Hell even watching his 'highlight' videos in the G-League. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise that Tilman didn't pick him for any reason other than he'd bring more fans/money to games.

NewAge likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

But he's got incredible work ethic. Amazing-out-of-this-world work ethic. People can't stop raving about it! He'll be fine!!!

Wait... hold on.... with all this so called work ethic how in the world do you have so many blatant flaws in your game?

Guess he's got incredible work ethic on those jump programs getting mad hops.

jiggyfly and GotGame15 like this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

That really is not the glaring thing to take away from that rumour.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think most of it will take care of itself as he puts on some muscle/weight. His legs are weak and wobbly right now. He is hitting the wall after only playing 16 competitive games last year IMO. His grip on the ball as he drives is weak and he's not getting calls on top of it. There is plenty there to mold. Im not sold on Silas being that guy, but Im hoping what Jalen does in the offseason in terms of finding specialized coaches and personal trainers will translate. I look at the body transformation Scooter had between last year to this year and how much it has helped his game. Its all about patience with players like Jalen and it was always going to be that way.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

This is through Jan. 25th

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I know Green is trash right now, but something is completely wrong with the coaching. He's gone from someone who was showing good ability to get to the line to having zero FT attempts in 4 of his last 8 games. Only 5 FT attempts over the last 5 games.

They need to sit him out a game or do something completely different. I don't know what Green's future holds but running the kid out on nearly starters minutes while he's shooting 20% FG% and 15% 3pt% over the last 5 games isn't helpful.

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

I guess he just needs to get stronger asap. Simple as that. He's going to have to learn to finish through the contact. The NBA is rewarding bad defense this year and there is a lot of evidence of late showing that the refs just don’t respect him enough to blow the whistle for him.

9. xaos

xaos Member

To be fair, that picture was taken after Green was called for a travel if I recall. Although, I agree he doesn't get a lot of calls that could be called fouls.

burlesk, JayZ750 and heypartner like this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good Stuff

TriumVirate, xaos and i3artow i3aller like this.
  11. a time to chill

What Recent Top-5 Picks Can Tell us About Jalen Green’s Rookie Struggles

https://spacecityscoop.com/posts/ho...5-picks-can-tell-jalen-green-rookie-struggles

DaDakota, robbie380, zeeshan2 and 5 others like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

WS, VORP and EPM just jump off the page.

And Herb Jones would have looked great as a Rocket.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

None of the top 5 players in 2021 draft other than Green worked out for Rockets.

Tell the whole story.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not true.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You yourself have admitted that Mobley is the "connective tissue" on the Cavs after I showed you the Vecenie vid.

You continue to talk out of both sides of your ass.

Just admit you know jackshet about basketball.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Very good post. My feelings exactly. Finding the right guys to help in his development is paramount to him making a leap next year. I personally think the jury is no longer out on Silas. He is not a good HC.

Verbal Christ and ArtV like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Andrew Wiggins had a better rookie debut lol.

At least we have JC and Sengun

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Did this guy really use Jalen's 33-game sample BPM and compare it to actual full seasons of other players? If so that's some careless statistical analysis. For example, Trae Young's rookie season saw him finish with a -0.9 BPM but his BPM after 33 games was -4.4. Anthony Edwards' BPM after 33 games was -5.1 but finished the year -2.1. These are just two examples out of many where a rookie can turn things around by season's end even after having a crappy start (e.g. 33 games). Hell, Devin Booker's BPM actually got worse as the season ended where his BPM after 33 games his rookie year was -2.6 and ended up being -2.8.

Not defending Green's piss poor play but if you're going to try and drag the kid using advance metrics at least do it properly.

19. xaos

xaos Member

Usually do not ask this, but could anyone post this?

D-rock likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It isn’t perfect analysis but it does show you a general best case scenario type player he is projecting towards. For some reason I think he will be a good player on a winning basketball team but he has to completely change his body in the offseason, keep improving his handles, and figure out the disconnect between his practice shot and his game shot.

steddinotayto likes this.