1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen/Alpe Dilemma

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 28, 2024.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The first part is just patently false

2. Ancient Moabite

Its crazy how folks saw the WOW era and few yrs later have two possible high level all stars in the making and are trying to create a rift instead of waiting it out to see if they have a pairing like the past & present deadly duos

They both have scored 30 in same game which is Shaq/Kobe or Kd/Curry or Pippen/Jordan and I think even an aged Drexler/Dream did it (imagine if they were in early 20s)

This is the classic civil war fan base trap

And both parties are guilty to some degree

Trade Green & AS for Wood/Wall/Oladipo

Pretty sure that would make this forum super happy.......jk

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Facts. I just don’t get it.
    We have two legit superstar candidates and 3-4 other legit talent. But no, let’s **** on one to prop another because they like their play style/origin/position/who they remind them of/or for a small few the shade of their skin

4. Ancient Moabite

The team is stacked with young high end talent drafted organically with hungry and proven vets who mesh perfectly all season

And everybody post 1492 are basically amalgamated/mulatto, all nations.... Which come from the old Kingdoms etc

race is a modern 1600/1700s construct that has its origins based on 5 skin color code and not on actual DNA/ancestral bloodline, in legal/law affairs the highly used Black/White chattel names are ens legis or civiliter mortuus

But since we have been trained / programmed to think the two colors are a nation of people, you have people bickering back and forth about a status that is ''dead in the eyes of law''

I have no problem with others liking a certain player style over another, no more than their personal choice of wombman they prefer over the other

But AS & JG4 have low post and perimeter games that are fun to watch, just my 2 cents

5. xaos

xaos Member

Yes, it's hilarious to me when people write off young potential so quickly... especially players who have shown flashes of having a very high ceiling. If you don't believe that last statement it's just more hilarious to me. Your original comment wasn't just about Green's performance but that he'll be out of the league soon.

Mathloom and JayGoogle like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This one was a doozy!

7. cml750

cml750 Member

I overreacted but it was only after Jalen played like pure **** for over half a season. He literally and provably made every single player on the floor with him worse when he played and it was over an extended period even though the game plan at the start of every game was designed to get him going. I still want to see him start off a season playing well which up to this time he has not done in any of his first three seasons.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. kpdark

kpdark Member

9. Qan

Qan Member

This place is amazing. Only forum I know of that fans are seriously arguing and fighting over which young Rockets' player is better. They both are Rockets, why tf are you people even making these fcking threads? Our team is not good enough. It'll be like if the Thunder fans fight over who runs their team...SGA or Chet...Giddey or Williams; I don't see them doing that.

This fanbase is maddening. Cheer for your players and team like how normal fans do.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What does him saying what he thinks the team should do have to with accountability?

The media has reported:

He has gone on record saying “it’s on me” to take the 2nd year leap.

After a poor showing against Orlando last year he said his teammates and coaches “rely” on him.

He told Silas towards the end of the last year that he was with Silas and eager to win those last few games. “These last games, I’m with you. I’m ready to lock in.’ Whatever we gotta do, we gotta string together some wins.”

He stressed the importance of the first offseason after his rookie year.

Worked last summer to improve his deceleration. Also worked with Durant and FVV.

These reports show me a player willing to get better. A player that is not satisfied with the current situation. A player that wants to win and understands his role and that the team relies on him. Not wanting to let them down.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Any other team would have two game plans of how to proceed lol........the more the merrier.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's really not though, is it? Let's compare
    Jalen Green career: 30-39 pt games - 30, 40+pt games - 7
    Alperen Sengun career: 30-39pt games - 9, 40+pt games - 1

In fact, Jalen has almost as many huge 40pt superstar scoring games as Alpi has 30pt star scoring games. And before you harp on about "chucking" please go check the efficiency numbers on the majority of Jalen's big games, they're world class.

Stephen_A likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You said Alp hasn’t had superstar games. That’s just patently false.
    He just dropped 45 on possibly the DPOY.
    He’s had multiple big games against big teams.

clos4life likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun has produced/ kept us in games all year, against all comers. A chunk of the offense flowing through him is where it's at. The wide open offense/ quicker pace has been nice, but it's not sustainable. We've played a lot of tanking/rebuilding teams, along with decent teams minus their top or second best player. It's been conducive to JG coming out/thriving....Folks forget about big men taking longer to develop. That's a scary thing for the rest of the league. Also, come playoff time, it's about the halfcourt, and his value rises more. An interesting observation about JG...Cam's presence makes him shrink. It's been that way all year...from the time Cam first got sent down, and Jalen stepped up his play for awhile. Cam is the Alpha at 19.

clos4life likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Is the Mavs defense entire game plan to stop Cam like they did for Green?

The Mavs had more respect for Green than the Rockets did for Luka.

Green generated a lot of good looks a d a lot of them were missed by his teammates. He shot poorly but he still was generating gravity.

jcmoon and Stephen_A like this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying, ii someone has to go, it's not going to be Alperen or Cam. They compliment each other.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Cam is easily the most expendable of the 6 young guys.

Stephen_A and xaos like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody will go that soon but they have to figure out how to re-structure contracts very soon.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Cam has just as much potential as any other young player in our team, his consistently good play as a rookie was great to watch. They better not trade him, or any of our young core.