1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

He also left a lot of points on the court, could have been 0 for 7 from 3pt. [/s]

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The expectation was that he would hit open shots at a high rate like he has over the last 4-5 games .... unlike what he did for the first 62 games he participated in where he shot 27% from deep ....

Verbal Christ and daywalker02 like this.
  3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I saw the full context... your post was still pretty messed up, brobot. Implying that people have something to "absolve" themselves of if they say something that might be considered "gay" is not ok.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U r reading too much into it. Dudes like 2 joke around all the time acting g@y and saying no homo.

A phrase used to show that whatever you did no matter how gay isn't gay as long as you say no homo.

Which I liken it to the haters who would bash and sht talk our rookies to no avail thinking its okay if they end their thought with I hope I'm wrong.

Might b a poor connection but getting all offended and accusing me of being a homophobe is quite out there.

5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Then you should be offended by people who says "no homo" and not by who just pointed out and used it as example.

Arnel likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The issue is you go way overboard with it, project that they're gonna suck for their entire career and use very condescending language towards folks who see the potential in these guys.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not a thing I've done, I've merely pointed out what has happened. Saying what is should not be interpreted as saying what will always be.

8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    i bet the form missed out an option: patience is virtue, but we dun't have much (in this info age).

roslolian and Ancient Moabite like this.
  9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Both are dumb, but the fellow I was talking to used it in a context that made it clear he thought that saying something "gay" was something of which to be ashamed.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

no dude

U are overthinking it. When straight guys hang out with each they would joke around doing gay stuff or say gay stuff and say no homo.

"No homo" is a slang phrase used at the end of a sentence to assert the statement or action by the speaker had no intentional homosexual implications.[1] The phrase is also "added to a statement in order to rid [oneself] of a possible homosexual double-entendre".

This has nothing to do with being ashamed or what not of ones sexuality. I could give two fk if someone gay or not, they live their life i live mine.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U don't have to explain it to booby, he knows what he's doing but he's never gonna admit. At best, he's just gonna blame his behavior as being a "concerned" rockets fan.

mfastx likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Must be some disappointed folks. Add game winner to the resume

DreamShook, roslolian and JayGoogle like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'll say it again. That poster is the most abrasive insufferable personality i have ever encountered on the internet. Which i have been using since forever now. I hope it is an act because if he is like that in real life he is likely a very lonely person.

BonziWellsGOAT and cbass like this.
  14. Ancient Moabite

So you said the Rockets whiiffed their latest top two picks, but if few or more years down the line they win mvp/make all star games/all NBA teams and possibly a ship then the script will be they didn't blow the picks since it wasn't what it will always be.....right?

You point out what happens extremely one sided, even when you praise the past two lotto picks you throw in a diss remark

Its no-thing though, you just can't help yourself being such a concerned fan and pointing out what happened

At least Green shot 50% from the field this latest game .... while chucking up on avg 5 shots per qtr

majicdonjuan and roslolian like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

This thread is just a stark reminder how the narrative can end up skewing views on a player.

Imagine calling a guy a bust and deciding he will amount to nothing in the NBA not even 1 year into his rookie year? And its not even Bari was looking like a bust and playing bad he just messed up his shooting form and couldnt convert on his 3s.

Os Trigonum, Ancient Moabite and Easy like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I said that's why they were still the worst team in the league.... which they were at the time precisely due to their past two lotto picks not performing.

Now that Jabari has remembered that he can shoot, they look like a totally different team.

So..... basically you're here whining about things I said that were true..... again.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just checked the box score and saw he was only 1-3 from deep.

Not sure what the big deal is o_O

Still need Zach Edey

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Overall he had a pretty bad game, but he hit the big shot when the team needed him most and that's worth celebrating.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Honestly, I'm annoyed. We're now 2 games out of worst place and technically have the third worst record because we won the tie breakers with the Spurs. If I had to suffer through this all season then I want the worst record going into the lottery. I don't want to see a meaningless winning streak.

And two out of these three wins came against teams I'd like to see overtake the Clippers in the standings.

Arnel, larsv8 and RasaqBoi like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think the spurs tiebreaker would actually be a coin flip if the two teams ended the season with the same record.

Williamson likes this.