1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Imagine getting triggered that folks are celebrating that our rookie is doing well by calling out the doubters.

Like I said some folks just want the youngsters to fail just to b "right".

Rocket River likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

When young Jabari plays poorly, it's because he's a bust.

When young Sengun plays poorly*, it's Silas' and KPJ's fault.

* Yes, SOFs, I know he's never had a bad game. This is hypothetical.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

meme-you-cant-outsmart-me.gif

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah nah. i can't speak for all the sengun fans, but i always blame jabari playing poorly b/c of an incompetent coach and a player role playing as a pg.

It's quite obvious for the folks watching even before silas admits to not runing a single play for smith or kpj freezing out smith that those two were a big reason why Smith struggled.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sure you can, those guys have a uni-mind

topfive and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U aint a sengun fan? What blasphemy is this?

7. DreamR

DreamR Member

THIS

Same thing happened when I posted the JG apology form.

Why so serious?

Guess you need to post it when Jabari goes 0-12 so it looks so ludicrous that no one can take it serious.

vator likes this.
  8. DreamR

DreamR Member

Jabari struggling this year is different to how Jalen struggled last year.

We were told Jalen's main strength was his athleticism and first step, which held true from his first game.

We were told Jabari's main strength was his shooting which did not hold true until recently.

So it was a major concern. Even more so than Jalen's struggles last year.

But it seems there's reason to be optimistic about Jabari. However, shooting can all of a sudden go from hot to cold for anybody. So proper expectations need to be set.

He's going to continue to have a lot more bad games. I just hope there are enough good ones in there to put the "bust" talk to rest.

#88 DreamR, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    Tuckmose, Dobbizzle and vator like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fragile egos dont like to be called out. You have to offer them the "Glad I was wrong" exit strategy so they dont feel so attacked. ;)

vator and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

All Deez Nutz!

It was Sooner rather than....

LMAO

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

He just led them over a potential championship team at 19 yrs old. Yeah... Big bust potential there. :eek:

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yall want to be player stans so bad

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

14. dmoneybangbang

Imagine getting triggered because someone said let’s pump the brakes and not overreact to a handful of games.

The triggered are becoming triggered over triggers?!?!

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm really happy to see him start to flash finally. He was easily the one of our rookies/sophomores I was most concerned about. Very encouraging.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

To be clear, I'm not talking about full season comparisons. '21-22 Jalen overall is worse than '22-23 Jalen. I'm saying that the point at which people brought in the "apology form" last year for Jalen was around this time of the season (maybe a little sooner), and during that time (about the last 1/2 to 1/3 of the season), Jalen certainly played better than he has played all season this year as far as I can measure.

Nothing you're saying contradicts what I'm saying. You may be "right" that it was silly to ever doubt Jabari would pull it together, but my point is no one who wrote him off after the first 2/3 of the season has sufficient reason to change their mind yet. It could still very well go either way. Playing a little better for a couple weeks with absolutely nothing on the line anymore doesn't really prove much. (Though I'm betting you're right, and he becomes a productive talent)

I absolutely think it's too early to write Smith off, too, and I even said myself that I'd never done so, so I don't know where you think the contradiction is... My argument is absolutely meant to go both ways. Anyone who believed in Jabari should not have written him off after the first 2/3 of the season. Similarly, anyone who had written him off could still be "proven right" in a couple years.

The fate of a player's entire career is not decided, one way or the other, in a matter of weeks.

#96 SuperMarioBro, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You know, anybody could put a "hope I am wrong" at the end of every negative post to avoid looking bad in the future. It's the volume of negative takes that sets one apart from occasional disappointment rant. Some lame "hope he proves me wrong" disclaimer does not absolve one from prematurely giving up on a young player.

18. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

I never called him a bust, have always been patient

Regardless, 2 things still stand. Paolo is better & Jabaris ceiling is an elite starting role player at best

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Both of those are opinions

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's like those that like 2 say g2y sht, and then say no homo like that absolves them of all the sus sht spewing out of their mouth