1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

He’s good when he sticks to his bread and butter. He needs other players to get him the ball when he’s in a favorable position. Jabari and the team are figuring this out and he’s doing well.

Now Jabari needs to develop a mean streak and learn to impose his will.

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I actually see a lot of parallels between the Rockets and the Nuggets.

Sengun = Jokic
    Bari = MPJ
    Brooks = Aaron Gordon

Will one of Green, Amen, or Whitmore become our Jamal Murray? Time will tell.

randerson and ramotadab like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You guys are funny, you want to apologize to a 3rd Overall Pick.....Harden was picked 3rd.....anyone there?

randerson likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He moved to Twitter if that is him.....

5. invocux

invocux Member

That's what i've been saying for almost a year but Jalen isn't on Murray trajectory. It doesn't have to be Murray tho i'd do love to have Devin Vassell. A sharpshooter like him is the only missing piece of the puzzle imo. We desperately need a sniper on the perimeter and that's why i'm so high on Cam. If Ime can convince him to his role and do sth about his tunnel vision we are cooking.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

He has been playing great. His defense is getting really good. And he has been money shooting the ball. Currently he seems to be the second best talent on the Rockets. I wouldn't mind going to him in the midrange/postup a bit more.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jabari's showing real growth. His intensity on both ends has picked up and he's battling inside a lot better.
    If he keeps improving that shot and he's able to eat and build on that mid range post game then great things are in his future.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i'll admit everytime i watch that turnaround jumper i think 'what a lousy shot...' - but hes making em - so my bad - i guess he knows his game better than i do... lol

9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Jabari's doing what everyone (unfairly) expected him to do his rookie year, be a versatile off-ball player while being a swiss army knife on defense.

10. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

I don't think even the most rabid of Harden Haters consider him a draft bust.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Same can be said about Jabari, I never considered him a bust, just not a superstar a lot of scouts had him there.