1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Arnel

Arnel Member

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's assuming we utilize the pick. What if somebody greatly values somebody at 5 that they don't think will be available at 7-8 and we're able to trade back for the 7th or 8th pick and a future pick? I don't want any options off the table. We've suffered for too long to screw it up now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trivial if you make the right one.

The 4-7th you basically have to deal with players who have fallen from grace and the players whom you targeted from the beginning.

And the Kings always go with the seemingly solid pick who more than not flamed out.

(Tarik good for 2 seasons, Rubio decent, Flynn bust, needless to say)

[​IMG]

#183 daywalker02, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  4. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

How many summer league games this year does it take before people call our 2023 pick a bust and call for Stone's head?

Ancient Moabite and roslolian like this.
  5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Its not 4th-7th. It’s 5th-6th. 4th is determined by draw with same odds among the worst three. 7th is a 7% chance - only happens if all bottom teams are leapfrogged.

Your board above is an extreme example but it happens every year - the eventual worth of the “second tier” of lottery players never plays out in draft order.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

As long as Walker is available when we pick. I’m good. He is going to be a star.

7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I understand and agree on the trade value. But again you are really talking 5th vs 6th pick. 7th is a 7% chance for the 3rd worst team. It just isn’t a big deal vs the fun of watching our rookie gain confidence.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you take out Tarik Evans then the whole thing is even more 'extreme'.

Basically you had 3-4 guards to select from.

Basically Minny dared not to draft the shooter, putting non shooters ahead of him.

I meant that out of those 3-4 picks only one went on to make major headlines.

#188 daywalker02, Mar 19, 2023
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It's so funny you say that. Walker is the only prospect I really like outside the top 3, but my biggest concern with him is that I don't see star potential. Perhaps I'm wrong, but he looks like a guy who will start from day one and have a long, productive, non-star career.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Not me. I knew he was going to be good. It was going to take him half season to develop to the NBA level.

11. Ancient Moabite

You are reaching, before you posted those said stats, my eye test said Jabari was shooting 30% max from 3 land in first 50+ games, and your stat said 29%, past handful plus games my eye test said 45%, your stats said 47%, so while my eye test wasn't on the money 100% it was surely enough in the ball park with front row seats and a VIP pass

i never said stats aren't needed, i gave my percentage about what they mean to me when analyzing a players floor game

i don't need to protect my opinion, and those metrics comes from those who watch (eye) the games played, so just because i value using the eye test and actually playing a game over those like you who value metrics 100% is not a slight at either, it's just we view it from diff. lens

it doesn't get much more dealing with reality then having actual experience and watching something with your own eyes, i don't know why that is so hard for you to grasp/accept

back in the day the NBA didn't even keep track of blocks per game stats, yet the few coaching staffs who did had a certain player getting 20+ blocks each time they played against that particular player, so the reality was always there, but the stat to back that up wasn't kept in the NBA archives/books, still didn't take away the blocks that actually happened (reality / experience)

my eye test had Bari shooting woefully from the field early on, don't know how you got the notion i felt otherwise, it's the reason i said he was snake bitten ie. struggling, but felt like he would eventually turn it around, as has been the case recently, no stats necessary

#191 Ancient Moabite, Mar 19, 2023
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

the apology is gonna need to be just as loud as the disrespect was

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apology for what? Pointing out that he struggled last year?

Glad he is living up to his contract now.....and happy he is a Rocket, but he deserved everything he got last year.

DD

davestrate and cml750 like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

handing out bust talk for your 1st year 3rd overall pick…yup, Bari definitely deserved that :rolleyes:

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let me introduce you to the art of internetting

1. My guy is terrible or otherwise disappointing:

(say nothing) (say "It takes time, he's only 19")

2.My guy has a moment:

(say "OH MY GOD YOU ****ING FOOLS SHOULD BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND APOLOGIZE ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE")

<Go back to 1,2 as needed>

16. invocux

invocux Member

Apology? How's that enough? We should visit him at his home and give him a blowjob for balling out in sl.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@vator doesn't post here anymore.

Did he move on up?

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

In 11 of the past 13 games, Jabari has shot 50 per cent or better from the field.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I want him to shoot a bit more. Felt like he only had a couple shots down the stretch of the Mavs game.

anthony59237 likes this.
  20. invocux

invocux Member

Other than Sengun he's the only one that is improving among the core. He shoots fine from 3pt line, looks much better on defense for the last couple of games. He probably should take 2 more three pt shots a game. MPJ almost take 8 threes a game while Jabari takes 5. I'm not a fan but respect his work ethic. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be MPJ lite in the future.

#200 invocux, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023