1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The injuries have started

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sfayner, Aug 28, 2008.

1. sfayner

sfayner Member

Chuck Hayes underwent surgery today (Thursday) for a broken nose incurred during a workout this afternoon. He will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Could be back in time for opening of training camp Sept. 29, or as late as the start of preseason games on Oct.7.
    Seeing as how Chuck is in a fight for playing time with Scola, Artest, Landry, and Dorsey, I can't imagine that he won't be there for the opening of training camp. We've all seen guys have their nose put back in place by the trainer, and then go right back in the game.
    Still, I hope this isn't a omen for an injury-riddled season. Injuries are the only thing that can derail this team.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Dude, I don't think you are supposed to START threads here.

:D

3. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Homie, you're lost. Go up to "Houston Rockets 2008: Game Action & Roster Moves" and write this stuff up there.

Tell me when you're home!

4. sfayner

sfayner Member

Thanks for the advice, but you're too late . Way, way, too late. I've been busted to rookie. OMG. OMG> Life is sooo unfair.

5. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Haha, I'm sorry to say this but you deserved it. Only rookies do that mistake you just did. Welcome to the club, homie.

6. sfayner

sfayner Member

This club (rookies) stinks. I didn't think so before, but I didn't know any better. After you've tasted the good life...

7. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Haha, I know what you mean, I used to be a "member" too before my last 2 accounts got closed for some less good comments;)

8. sfayner

sfayner Member

See, I was a member and had permission to start a new thread. The problem was, I didn't know where to do it. The only place I could find was in "unsorted threads." So, that's where I put it. It was an honest mistake.

9. sfayner

sfayner Member

By the way, how could all my posts in this thread be number 32? I'm not only a rookie, but I'm a rookie in limbo> :eek:

10. sfayner

sfayner Member

Never, mind. They all changed to 33. :rolleyes:

11. sfayner

sfayner Member

Make that 34.

12. ThreePointShot

I don't know if you were serious those last three posts, but it was amusing.

13. sfayner

sfayner Member

Just joking Mr Member, sir. :)

14. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I wish I could rate this thread five stars. A person just counting his posts after screwing up. Good stuff.

15. sfayner

sfayner Member

You're right. This thread sucks. But now I have 42.

16. sfayner

sfayner Member

Can I get banned all together?

17. sfayner

sfayner Member

Second injury of the pre pre-season - Shane. Supposedly will be back for the regular season, but nobody can guarantee that. Not with plantar faciitis, or whatever inflamation he has in his foot. Although, knowing Shane, he wil play through it. Not to mention Stevie, Rafer, and T-mac all recovering from surgery, and Landry with questionable knees. Mutombo one year from Medicare. Hopefully, they can all be well at the end of the season, but so far it looks pretty shakey.

18. sfayner

sfayner Member

Third problem of the pre pre-season. Tracy has "arthritis" in his left shoulder recently operated on. He say he plans to have another operation next off-season. Makes you wonder how he could develop arthritis in the 4 months since his last operation. And what kind of surgery do they plan to do. Surely, they would have cleaned out his shoulder during his last repair if it was necessary. Strange. :confused:

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Yes siree.

You Mr S Fayner are very very strange.

;)

20. sfayner

sfayner Member

By strange, I mean, why should an athlete need a second operation on the same shoulder 4 months after the first, when there was no new injury.