1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Impeachment of President Joe Biden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Sep 12, 2023.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I will probably like it considerably better than his first term. Everything is trending that way, with years three and four being much better than one and two. Wouldn't be my preferred outcome, but we can't always get what we want.

2. astros123

astros123 Member

What would be your preferred outcome? A facist dictator wins and guts the civil rights act which enables decades of white nationalism to reign in?

3. StupidMoniker

My preferred outcome would be a Libertarian president. I would certainly prefer Trump to Biden. I absolutely would love to get rid of the Civil Rights Act, which is blatantly unconstitutional. I don't have any concern that either a fascist dictator wins or that white nationalism is going to reign for decades, because those are silly things to be concerned about (since nothing would suggest that is going to happen).

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So much for caring about the Constitution.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump

astros123 likes this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Proving once again it isn't just the moniker.

astros123 likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

What a privileged dipshit thing to say. It's silly for minorities to be concerned about white supremacy says the white man.

It's a silly thing to be concerned that trump may be a dictator says the "district attorney." The guy who's floating a third term in office and demanding his doj press charges against anyone he doesn't like isn't "dictator behavior" claims the dofus

Its the privilege of being a well off white man in America.

#686 astros123, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    deb4rockets likes this.
  7. StupidMoniker

Anyone who is concerned that the outcome of the 2024 election will lead to white nationalism reigning in the USA for decades is being silly. It is just not something that will happen. To suddenly swing from where the country is now, to a white nationalist country based on the people currently running for office is essentially impossible. It has nothing to do with what race I am. This is the same country that allowed 100s of days of rioting to go largely unchecked when one black guy died during an arrest.
    Trump won't be a dictator, because the President doesn't have dictatorial powers.
    Trump isn't eligible to run for a third term, so why would that concern anyone? He has always been a windbag, so it doesn't surprise me that he says outrageous things. Just like every time he has said outrageous things, the rule of law has prevailed. That's because America is not a dictatorship, it is a nation of laws.
    It's the privilege of being able to observe past events and using them to inform what will likely happen in the future. Trump was President for four years. His political opponents were not arrested (even when people were chanting to lock up Clinton). He didn't remain in power beyond his term in office, despite claiming that the election was stolen from him. He didn't establish a reign of white nationalism. We have see what a Trump Presidency looks like, and it was generally speaking a lot like most Republicans. He put conservative judges on the bench, he cut taxes, he spent like a drunken sailor, he rattled his saber. He signed the CARES Act, which had huge bipartisan support. It just wasn't the dystopian nightmare that would indicate Trump is some Hitler like boogeyman.

8. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

So you are ignoring his words now. Things he is saying now that he didn't say in the past. Take a look at Project 2025.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

"The president doesn't have a dictator powers" lol the president hand installs every branch of law enforcement while also controlling the entire doj. The president in theory can file criminal charges on any us citizen while controlling every branch of law enforcement. WTF are you talking about.

The privilege of looking at past events? You mean the events of pressuring his vice president to overturn the election? The events of telling his chief of staff that his vice president deserves to be hung? The events of nominating fake electors to take place of real one's?

Good God you're a hack and nothing more

#689 astros123, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump’s term wasn’t what generally Republican presidential terms look like unless I somehow missed when supporters of GH Bush stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 1993 and several states had tried to submit false electors.

For that matter I dont recall either Bushs or Reagan using federal authorities with force to clear out peaceful protesters so they could
    Have a photo op holding a bible upside down.

Nor do I recall other Republican presidents settling a lawsuit for a fake university at the start their term, having to shut down their foundation during their term while overcharging the Secret Service to protect them and their family.

I could go on..

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Hes a hack and nothing more. White Americans will always carry water for white supremacists. Why do you think this country had legal segregation for a century

What president do you know promised pass pardons for convicted felons who tried to over the election? It's just funny how white people will always rehabilitate their own. ALWAYS

12. StupidMoniker

A state sending two slates of electors is not without precedent. There have also been challenges to the election results multiple times, including during the certification process in 2016. Of course none of those things have anything to do with policies, the things that actually affect Americans.
    You mean the clear out that was planned days before the photo op was even considered?
    Trump University wasn't even while he was president. I can see why you trailed off there, because somehow you couldn't find a single actual policy issue separating him from other Republican presidents.
    Trump as president had the exact same set of powers as Obama and Biden. All of them get to appoint people to some positions (they don't hand install and "branch" of law enforcement). The president also doesn't file criminal charges on anyone. What I am talking about is how the government actually works, not your land of make believe where Trump is Hitler Sauron.
    Moreso the actual policies that were put in place. The failures to push through even simple things like building a border wall in the face of congressional opposition. The lack of arresting any political opponents. Stuff like that.
    I've ignored his words the whole time. Did you think they were going to build a great big beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for? That Trump was going to repeal the ACA and replace it with a much better plan that he designed? That he was going to lock up Hilary? Trump blows a lot of hot air. I don't really take him seriously as a person. Didn't they used to track tens of thousands of lies that he told?

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The situation with Trump and the dangers to the constitution is that his hold on the devotion of GOP is far greater than previous Presidents. This means that the guardrails aren’t there if the other branches are willing to just go along.

For example impeachment has been seen as the primary check on the President. The President though is understood to be subject to laws though and once leaving office is a private citizen. Trump’s lawyers are going further though to say that without impeachment and removal from office the president is immune to the law and Members of Congress have said that a president leaves office can’t be impeached. That would create multiple catch 22 that if out of partisanship a
    President is never impeached and removed from office they will never be held to account. It would be the “a president could shoot someone on 5th Avenue” and not face consequences. For that matter a president could just jail or assassinate enough members of Congress to prevent them from voting for impeachment.

Many might feel such things are very far fetched but again few thought that a losing president would actually try to do things like
    Get fake electors or have their supporters threaten the VP to accept those fake electors.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don’t recall alternate slates of electors submitted after the Reconstruction. I might be wrong but I doubt but if there was I don’t think there was pressure from the sitting president to accept them. Again why objections have been raised before where those accompanied by a riot of supporters meant to pressure Congress?
    And was the tear gas and rubber bullets part of that ?
    And did any other Republican president elect have to settle a lawsuit over a fake university?
    So Reagan had a policy of overcharging secret service at his Santa Barbara ranch?

But since you asked. How about redirecting military personnel so they could stay at family business properties. Howabout threatening to withhold congressionally authorized aid to a foreign country for dirt on a domestic political opponent. Howabout appointing close family members to major policy positions and investing in them
    Official authority. I guess I missed when Thr Bush Twins were sent to negotiate trade.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

Trump just said in a recent time magazine interview that he will appoint a AG who will take commands from him and go after the people he wants them to. Your braindead analysis is we should ignore everything he's saying and pretend that his 2nd term will be exactly like his first. What a effin joke.

You said presidents don't have "dictatorial powers" and when I called you out on it you pivoted to "well Obama nd biden had the same powers!!" Yeah neither of them acted as a dictator which doesn't mean they didn't have the means too.

Trump almost certainly has dictatorial powers and he's promising to use them this time but we should just ignore it cuz he didn't do it the first time.

https://time.com/6972021/donald-trump-2024-election-interview/

16. astros123

astros123 Member

Trump sat in the oval for 26 minutes watching rioters storm the capital while he told his chief of staff that the rioters had more courage than mike pence and pence deserved to be hung. His staff begged him to call them off and for 20 min he cheered them on wishing them luck.

How in the world can anyone @StupidMoniker claim that trump was just another republican. The way Americans gas light others is incredible

17. StupidMoniker

Yes.
    No, but what relevance does it have to his presidency besides his being a garbage person?
    Did Reagan own lots of hotels? Are there major policy implications if the Secret Service stays at Mar A Lago vs. the Hilton?
    Yep, major policy issues there. Of course, Biden is on video bragging about threatening to withhold congressionally authorized aid to the same foreign country unless they change their own internal government operations.
    No, I don't think the Bush twins (19 when W. was inaugurated) were appointed to anything, but apparently you missed Robert Kennedy being appointed Attorney General, John Eisenhower being appointed Assistant Staff secretary, and James Roosevelt being the White House Coordinator for 18 federal agencies. Now, admittedly, only one of those is a Republican.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you think it's fine if businesses, swimming pools, restaurants, schools, golf courses, buses, etc... could just slap up signs that said "No Colored People" or "Blacks to the Back of the Bus" or "We don't hire colored people" or like back in the old days?

I'm sure a lot of racists would love to do that. They'd be jumping for joy saying "We don't serve monkeys and wetbacks."

astros123 likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

@StupidMoniker ’s libertarian wet dream…anyone that defends Trump to the degree he does doesn’t give a **** about his fellow citizens. Thank the good Lord, there aren’t many people that follow his line of thinking or we would be in real deep trouble.

astros123 likes this.
  20. StupidMoniker

I don't think they should be prevented from doing so by federal law, as the federal government has no mandate to insert itself into the situation. There is no constitutional basis for Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act. The market is perfectly capable of policing racism in businesses.