1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Impeachment of President Joe Biden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Sep 12, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

You can see why the republican house continues to hide their hearings behind closed doors.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

I guess republicans are worried that the public will hear what has been happening in their closed door hearing...

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Because we don't trust you to tell the truth and you're doing this behind closed doors, and you have lied about everything so yea......................too bad.

5. Buck Turgidson

Rashmon and ROCKSS like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Of course... the maga supreme court decision today takes away much of the need to prolong this frivolous impeachment hearing...

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hunter Biden's opening statement:

I am here today to provide the Committees with the one uncontestable fact that should end the false premise of this inquiry: I did not involve my father in my business. Not while I was a practicing lawyer, not in my investments or transactions domestic or international, not as a board member, and not as an artist. Never.

You read this fact in the many letters that have been sent to you over the last year as part of your so-called impeachment investigation. You heard this fact when I said it weeks ago, standing outside of this building. You heard this fact from a parade of other witnesses — former colleagues and business partners of mine, including my uncle — who have testified before you in similar proceedings. And now, today, you hear this fact directly from me.

For more than a year, your Committees have hunted me in your partisan political pursuit of my dad. You have trafficked in innuendo, distortion, and sensationalism — all the while ignoring the clear and convincing evidence staring you in the face. You do not have evidence to support the baseless and MAGA-motivated conspiracies about my father because there isn’t any.

You have built your entire partisan house of cards on lies told by the likes of Gal Luft, Tony Bobulinski, Alexander Smirnov, and Jason Galanis. Luft, who is a fugitive, has been indicted for his lies and other crimes; Smirnov, who has made you dupes in carrying out a Russian disinformation campaign waged against my father, has been indicted for his lies; Bobulinski, who has been exposed for the many false statements he has made, and Galanis, who is serving 14 years in prison for fraud. Rather than follow the facts as they have been laid out before you in bank records, financial statements, correspondence, and other witness testimony, you continue your frantic search to prove the lies you, and those you rely on, keep peddling. Yes, they are lies.

To be clear, I have made mistakes in my life, and I have squandered opportunities and privileges that were afforded to me. I know that. I am responsible for that. And I am making amends for that. But my mistakes and shortcomings are my own and not my father’s, who has done nothing but devote his entire life to public service and trying to make this country a better place to live.

During my battle with addiction, my father was there for me. He helped save my life. His love and support made it possible for me to get sober, stay sober and rebuild my life as a father, husband, son, and brother. What he got in return for being a loving and supportive parent is a barrage of hate-filled conspiracy theories that hatched this sham impeachment inquiry and continue to fuel unrelenting personal attacks against him and me.

Over the last year, Republicans have taken my communications out of context, relied on documents that have been altered, and cherry-picked snippets of financial or other records to misrepresent what really happened. Examples of this include a few references to my family in emails or texts that I sent when I was in the darkest days of my addiction. If you try to do that again today, my answers will reveal your tactics and demonstrate the truth that my father was never involved in any of my businesses.

My testimony today should put an end to this baseless and destructive political charade. You have wasted valuable time and resources attacking me and my family for your own political gain when you should be fixing the real problems in this country that desperately need your attention.

Hunter Biden appears behind closed doors for impeachment testimony : NPR

The testimony was not expected to be videotaped, and the transcript is expected to be released as soon as possible.

ROCKSS and seemoreroyals like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They clearly have nothing. It's a partisan fishing expedition, a complete waste of time for everyone. A shameful misuse of the government's position, doing exactly what they falsely claim the other side did.

ROCKSS, DaDakota and seemoreroyals like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is all the GOP has - they project what they are doing - or plan to do.....you have to wonder how a guy with an 18% approval rating can keep getting elected ....Mitch McConnel....did they steal that election? They claim that the Dems are weaponizing the DOJ which is what Barr did for Trump.

The GOP is MOB ruled, they have no honor or integrity, it is a sham.

DD

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The cartoonist mispelled "Gym"

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

Another example that explains why the house magas don't want the hearings to be aired to the public...

Rashmon and ROCKSS like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's awesome!

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Not quite so sure the maga house members wanted to rehabilitate hunter's reputation like this...

FrontRunner and ROCKSS like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Since the maga house can't connect President Biden with any wrongdoing, they were left with focusing of his son's drug addiction. Not entirely sure this simply made hunter seem more a sympathetic figure to anyone not a maga...

FrontRunner, Amiga and ROCKSS like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Its as if even comer knew they had nothing...

19. NewRoxFan

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Did they get him yet??