1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "I like ball movement" better than wins crowd is looking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Guys, Harden has had absolutely amazing regular seasons. It shouldn't be z "gotcha" that just because Harden is dominating the regular season on another team. Harden's issues weren't carrying a team to a high seed.

His problem was when things aren't falling his way in the post season of a tight game he just flatliners and slow walks everywhere while his team is collapsing around him.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your Harden hate is delicious.

Loneyroy7 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Imagine if we kept CP3? we did and we got bounced in the 2nd round.

When he gets a team to the WCF let's talk.

CP3 on last years team would have the same results, we might have went 6 games instead of being swept.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you say so.:rolleyes:

Nook likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Least amount of help of any of his contemporaries. They are likely winning the championship in Brooklyn, you are going to see that first hand.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He was more talking about the partying than anything else, which is still overblown.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah. Cp3 and Woods and Cov...that beats the Lakers.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We would have all of our picks. Trading for Russ is the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made. It’s that simple. I don’t care whose fault the deal was. It went about as bad as possible. It was always a bad deal and anyone who liked it at the time has bad judgment.

D-rock, jiggyfly, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We did not get Woods and even so I don't think so.

Not sure Woods is built for that.

10. riko

riko Member

It’s borderline psychotic

D-rock likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No argument there.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro Cp3/Harden/Cov/Tucker/Woods is winning a championship. That Russ trade boned the hell out of us.

He doesnt have to be "built" imo for it, Cp3 and Harden are. He just has to be better than Capela.

13. riko

riko Member

So the guy who was a ball stopper has gone but the offense has less ball movement then before all the while the ball stopper his having a career year and is playing team ball and is arguably the best playmaker in the nba..just about every Nets players efficiency has sky rocketed thanks to him moving the ball and running the offense flawlessly.

WTF is wrong with this picture?

rockbox and D-rock like this.
  14. fchowd0311

I'm sure he has a more legit chance with KD and Kyrie along side him but the problem I had with Harden was even if his team is out manned in terms of talent he could still fight is way to a great game and still lose. Now in his last couple of series he has had some great games while the Rockets still lost against the Lakers and Warriors but there were still large moments in the 4th were he just disappeared and didn't fight to get free and try to dominate.

15. fchowd0311

I disagree. CP3 when healthy and fit raises the team's ceiling. He adds a lot of basketball iq to a team.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

He did enough offensively to where we had a chance to win. Its hard to carry when you are outmanned like that and you should point me any other superstar player who has carried when they were outmanned for more than a game?

17. fchowd0311

I don't think he did enough in a lot of key stretches were the team was falling apart. He started becoming lazy where he would just jack up threes or just stand around not trying to free himself.

That problem can be masked when you have KD and Kyrie also.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

In the last three years, I cant think of anyone who would win in the positions he was put it? Can you? Lebron....but thats it right?

Sure, when you have adequate help you can pull through and win playoff games. Thats what Lebron and to a much larger extent KD did(and that move was soft as hell). You need multiple stars to win and I dont see any evidence that Harden isnt good enough to win as the number one guy, do you? If he messes up in the playoffs now, there are no excuses, but so far we havent seen him implode in the playoffs for the last three years. In fact the last three years he's been excellent.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your takes just keep getting more ridiculous and outlandish every time you repeat it.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. vick

vick Member

He Got Wood.