1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hulk

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JamesC, Jun 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. JamesC

JamesC Member

Has anybody seen the Hulk yet? I saw it this afternoon and thought it was pretty good. Just wanna know what ya'll think about the movie since I didnt see a thread about it yet.

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

How "big" was he? It's gotta be one of those unsolved mysteries how his shorts always stay on so he doesn't "reveal" too much.

Might as well add this:

"Thank goodness I'm not proportioned all over. Because otherwise I'd be over 10 feet tall."

Just wait for the She-Hulk sequel. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

ELAINE: He took it out.

JERRY: (confused) He what?

ELAINE: He took (blows on her glasses twice to clean them) it out.

JERRY: He took what out?

ELAINE: It.

JERRY: He took It, Out?

ELAINE: Yessiree Bob.

JERRY: He couldn't.

ELAINE: He did.

JERRY: (motions of making out) Well you were involved in some sort of amorous...

ELAINE: Noooo.

JERRY: You mean he just

ELAINE: Yes.

KRAMER: Hey. (to Elaine) Hey how was your date with Phil Titola?

ELAINE: (to Kramer) He took it out.

(Shocked, Kramer acts like he just got a cold shiver down his back)

KRAMER: Maybe uh, it needed some air. You know sometimes they need air, they can't breathe in there. It's in human.

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Yeah, I was surprised to see there wasn't a thread on this already.

I saw the movie last night (a few hours ago), and it was pretty decent for the most part. I mean, I wasn't blown away with all the CG action or even the storyline. But Ang Lee did a terrific job (or at least the best he could) trying to make the movie appeal to a mass audience...given these characters and the plot. Still, I thought there was something missing. Or maybe it was just too long (about 2 hrs and 30 minutes).

But then again, who can comlpain about a movie when Jennifer Connelly's in it??;)

Oh, and Mr. Mooch: If I'm not mistaken, I don't think he has a max growth size or anything; he just gets bigger and bigger the angrier he gets. And about those pants...I read an article which explained that Lee tried the movie with Bana's pants being ripped off after he becomes the Hulk, exposing him in a style similar to the beginning sequence of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (where hits "bits and pieces" are comically covered throughout the scene) since they couldn't show a giant green penis throughout all of the PG-13 movie. But it became too comical and silly, and thus had to be taken out.

4. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

One word: Spandex

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

A plot perhaps? :D

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So...you are saying you want to see what his short don't reveal?

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

He wears those new Docker expanding pants. Not only are they stain defenders and roll off any liquid that could be spilled on you, but they keep your twig and berries comfortable, and snug as a bug even when angry :D And in the movie, there's one part where his shorts do come off and for the ladies, there's some man ass action of the actor that plays the Hulk.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

pleasantly suprised by this movie. pretty good. other than the first half hour, the rest was pretty much action packed and the plot wasn't bad at all.

as silly as the trailers for it looked, it was a bit more real looking in the movie.

i give it two thumbs up.

check it out for yourself.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

That's the new pixar movie right?

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

eh.

could've chopped off the first 45 minutes and you'd've never noticed. some cool action but not enough i felt and too much time where it just seemed nothing happened. and am i the only one for whom all that multiple shots on the screen at the same time does nothing for? it's not that the movie wasn't somewhat entertaining, i just really didn't get much out of it. 10 days til T-3 baby.

#10 francis 4 prez, Jun 22, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

According to a Marvel bio card, Hulk is listed at 7' 0'' tall, and 1,045 pounds!

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Think the Rockets could sign him at the PF and be the banging authority figure that the Rox need down low? :D

13. SLA

SLA Member

It was pretty good....JUST TOO LONG!!!

14. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

Just want you to know, the director of THE HULK is Ang Lee(Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)

15. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

And Sense and Sensibility:D .

16. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Who would go see The Hulk, when From Justin To Kelly is out!Romantic Musical comedy. Enough said!:D

The Hulk was a pretty good movie. I enjoyed it, except for the stupid kids behind me talking loud and kept bumping into my chair!!All I got to say is the dad had some awesome powers!

17. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Does the Hulk walk on water in this movie?

18. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Nope.

19. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Overall I liked it.

Some parts were corny, others were funny and the CG wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Plus Jennifer Connely is a babe. Nick Nolte was pretty weak to me, Sam Elliot and Eric Bana were good though.

The worst part was all the damn kids in the movie, what were parents thinking, there must have been 10 kids under 3yrs old there..... :mad: To say the least it was annoying and the guy beside me answered his phone twice!

20. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Wow, Nick Notle looked like a freak. He looks older than dirt. I think the more he hams it up, the more he gets paid in the movie.

The CG Hulk looked great and not cheesy at all. Kudos to Ang Lee. Jen Connelly looked sweet. Bana was a nice choice. Notle was over the top with his overacting.