1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Houston Rockets have declined forward Jae'Sean Tate's $1.8 million team option for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ickaruto, Jun 29, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That wouldn't be too bad because he's likely to be a bench player before that contract is up....or no longer on the team.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Man I guess I’m just off, but even in with a rising cap 8 million a year for Tate seems like too much. I guess that’s the going rate for off the bench hustle guys.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Agreed and somebody needs to tell him that 8mil a year bench hustle guys shouldn't be black holes on offense. Know your role.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

that is a fair contract and I would be okay/happy with that. No more ;)

6. marinara

marinara Member

To be fair Nwaba is on 4.5-5mil? There’s plently of players that get paid like that for being pros/role players. Tates with 8mil give or take, if the 3 ball falls his a perfect role player for 15-25 off the bench depending on matchups etc.

Plus for all the crap people give some of the players attitude that have been or are still on the roster, paying people like Tate goes beyond just the 25-30 minutes he plays on the court per game.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t want to keep Tate just because of the minutes he will eat up and the blocking of Eason who is the long term answer. If we are going to sign him, I guess 8M is ok. Just want to be able to move him when the time comes. I’m also ok at 8M for a role playing bench player.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

and Nwaba is clearly overpaid. that's been known for a long time. He should be on nothing more than a vet min deal.

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. TheBeastSystem

3-24 is same thing as 4-26

3-24 salaries at 7.6, 8, 8.4 or 8.4, 8, 7.6

4-26 salaries at 6, 6.3, 6.6, 6.9 or 7, 6.65, 6.3, 5.95

(I think contract will be higher than that......4-32 to 4-40 with possibly non-guaranteed 4th season.)

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

We need to let Tate walk, give Tari Eason the starting spot.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

No brainer if the 3y/22m is true. 7m and change, gives Tate a shot at outplaying a nice contract and setting himself up for a bag at 29. Smart deal on both sides. Disagree?

Just look what Lu Dort got.

r-fan-since-81 likes this.