1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Houston Rockets are HARD CAPPED! Discuss.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We had a first to package with Lin. Asik? We got a first for him. He was definitely wanted

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

So it seems it will be better for the Rockets to sign players to one year deals, including Nene? If he would accept that.

I love the Paul trade.

I don't love how cocky Morey was afterwards in regards to the flexibility he led us to believe the Rockets had afterwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me it would be in the Rockets best interest to sign players to one year deals, if that's possible. Most likely for players willing to take less guaranteed years and money for the chance to win a championship.

Hopefully Carmello will be bought out, and choose to sign with the Rockets.

ron413 likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

And this also speaks to how unpredictable the league can be. There could be a team in the playoffs hunt in December that needs a stretch 4 and will gladly take Anderson off of our hands.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

If it were that simple. Good NBA players don't sign one year deals unless they know they can parlay that into a longer deal later bc they still got something left in the tank like Nene. Our team isn't in a position like GSW or SA of years past where vets are willing to sign with us for cheap.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Thats wishful thinking.

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Ok good. :D

7. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

We are completely fooling ourselves, if we think that scenario plays out with Anderson making 20 million a year.

Bottom line, is we barely moved the needle, lost depth and depending on how the year goes CP3 could just walk to another team.

Im not feeling overly confident in the offseason so far. Yes CP3 is a great player, but right now with no real way to improve our roster greatly other than filling in with moderate players or hope for the Knicks to throw us a bone by waiving Melo and praying he picks us over the Cavs. Its a year of very little improvement as far as playoffs go.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, Morey went on every freaking show after the CP3 trade. I would imagine with his talk of "deep sleeves" and "Arms Race", it inspired other GMs to **** block. I like Morey a lot, but man, he needs to remain in the shadows until all the dealings are done.

He was really feeling himself, Drunk on CP3.

9. steddinotayto

Better than thinking the sky is falling every hour because the only acquisition Morey has made is trading for a Top 10 player.

don grahamleone and bilaal14 like this.
  10. steddinotayto

If a team of Harden and a bunch of role players can get the 3rd seed in the West what makes you think Harden/CP3 and a bunch of role players can't do the same if not better next year?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Rockets improved a top 3 NBA team. It may only be an inch, but it's still an inch closer.

bilaal14 likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post. Rocket fans should be smiling ear to ear.

bilaal14 likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People don't realize how terrible our poo poo platter for CP3 really was.

An utter robbery.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They were going to **** block him anyway. You're right, he should have been quiet, but that is not his nature. More work is needed, and unfortunately the Rockets are stuck with Ryan Anderson's contract.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Typical rockets fan..... whining and whining.... even when we have gotten better and the Rockets haven't made noise in the first 36 hours of FA. It's not like the rockets had cap space to signing people.

Deals are hard to make. They take time and research to make sure you aren't making the wrong move just to make it.

Clutchfans and rockets twitter lacks so much objectivity at times, it saddens me to be a part of fan base. We are blessed..... most definitely the 3rd best team in the NBA and NOT DONE YET.

Banana boat next year. What more will make y'all happy. Smh.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, I liked Kyle, Montrezl and Dekker, but letting these guys go is not "gutting" the team.

malakas and steddinotayto like this.
  18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

They, along with the Cavs have to pay a massive tax bill, and repeaters bill in the future.... it's not all dandelions and pink ponies.

$300-$350 million for that squad.

19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

This reminds me of the old saying "don't let you left hand know what your right is doing." I bet he sucks at Poker. The type of hand he's dealt would either come off in his facial expressions or he'd just show everyone his cards.

This is a character flaw. You're right and I have no doubt in my mind other GM's took offense (or defense) to his cockiness.

20. steddinotayto

GMs can take offense all they want but Morey continuously put his team in a position to contend. In other words, his track record gives him the opportunity to be cocky. GMs that are too concerned with Morey's confidence are the same ones that puts their personal feelings ahead of logic and trade their All-star for Victor Oladipo and Sabonis