1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Herd) Chris Broussard says Philly should offer Ben Simmons for CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 13, 2019.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They wouldn't but it sure would be great if they did!

2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

The only way this works is if you make Simmons replace Capela's role in the lineup, not Paul. So basically Simmons would screen for harden and be open for lobs, hang out in dunker's spot, but also create offense and pass out of the PnR, would have greenlight to push ball up floor after rebounds, and would guard the other team's big man. In this way, he's a modern Boris Diaw. You'd then trade Capela for another wing or guard, and that way you'd have four shooters on floor with simmons at all times. I think it could work if he bought into it, but that's a huge if of course.

HiGHurNAMEis, jcmoon, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  3. ballgame

ballgame Member

I don't know about CP0, but CP3 maybe. LOL! But look at it like this, Ben Simmons can't shoot, he's just a playmaker. Plus he's going to be looking to get extended soon. Philly is not going to keep Butler, Harris, Simmons and Embiid. Someone has to go. I can see them keeping Butler or Harris, along with Embiid but someone has to go.

Philly needs a playmaker and another shooter, CP3 can fit both of those roles.

#43 ballgame, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    HiGHurNAMEis and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY

Deckard likes this.
  5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This. I think I already know the answer, but how does a media personality, a supposed expert on the NBA, get away with saying something so stupid, it'd get him laughed off the air on any sports talk call in show?

It's infuriating. If he's too stupid to do his job, I'm sure there are dozens of others sports people in media who'd be happy for the opportunity.

slothy420 and Reeko like this.
  6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is motivation to all you kids out there. If a guy that believes that this is actually a legitimate trade that wouldn't get laughed at by Elton Brand has a job as an NBA expert, then anything is possible in your future. Astronaut or famous actor should not be ruled out for you.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

If there is a team seeking a PG who’s willing to take on CP’s contract than let’s do it.
    - Orlando
    - Philly
    - LAL
    - NY
    - Pho
    I would actually like a Jimmy Butler sign and trade along with Ben Simmons to be part of this team.
    A lineup of

Ben Simmons
    James Harden
    Jimmy Butler
    PJ Tucker
    DeAndre Jordan

Would be sick. Let’s just hope Ben can develop a jumpshot if not than we definitely need a coach that can put him in good spots like Bud with Giannis.

HiGHurNAMEis likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

RECENT RUMOR HAS SIMMONS GOING TO LA FOR LEBRON!

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Perfect Nig II - - CB & CC. Wow, the insight (and that's w/OUT clicking, why bother???).

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Getting out of CP0's contract would be a godsend. Rockets need money to spend in FA to attract another superstar. I believe with the cap space Harden can convince another good player to come.

Jontro likes this.
  11. deshen

deshen Member

Their future is purely based on their two young stars, now this guy want to break it up? what an idiot.

12. macan

macan Member

with ben simmons we may be able to break our 27 misses 3s record, so there's that.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Philly isn't doing this cause they're not dumb.

But if they were, OF COURSE you pull the trigger.

Even if he's not a fit here, you get of CP3s contract and get a valuable asset in return.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

broussard is a genius. we just misunderstand him.

15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

more like simmons for cp3 and 3 picks

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Dude, players are not assets. Here in Houston, we treat them as the talented individuals that they are.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol, I really chuckled when I saw your profile pic combined with this comment!

iNoseBleedRed likes this.
  18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

That’s some textbook juxtaposition right there. No, I’m not Stephen A Smith.

19. Fantasma Negro

For the first time I agree with him. I would play Simmons at sf and keep Harden as pg

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. dwhite

dwhite Member

We would have to give up CP3, Gordon, and 2 First Round picks (minimum) for Philly to even consider the deal. That said, it would be well worth it for the Rockets. Harden, Simmons, and Capela would be awesome.

GotGame15 likes this.