1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the harden era

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eslate22, Jul 15, 2016.

1. eslate22

eslate22 Member

to this point in time has the James harden era been a success or failure?

2. biojayc

biojayc Member

Dude, we made it to the western conference finals on his second year with us...

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3 successful years, 1 unsuccessful year

4. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Fify

On that note, the harden era has been more successful than any other era since the Hakeem, Barkley, pippen era

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

thus far... it has been a tease...

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Better than the Kevin Martin era

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

2 successful seasons and 2 disappointing seasons.

1st season was a success. Harden became a STAR, Rockets returned to playoffs.

2nd season a disappointment. Howard pairing with Harden results in a disappointing 1st round upset.

3rd season a BIG success. Despite injuries, Harden leads Rockets to 2 seed and WCF.

4th season a BIG disappointment. Pitiful start, fired coach, barely make playoffs and complete embarrassing season with embarrassing display in 1st round.

2 people like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this.

i think we would have beaten portland in game 7 if lillard didnt hit that 3

10. eslate22

eslate22 Member

my stance is that it's been successful from where we were before harden was here... I've been told that since we haven't won a title it has been a failure

11. eslate22

eslate22 Member

fixed

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Considering he's been the best players we've had and only 1st team all nba player in a rockets uniform since dream 20 years ago not to mention the most consecutive playoffs seasons since dream and the deepest run in 17 years once again since dream, the answer is a clear cut YES!!!!

With that said James harden is one of those players that even if he finishes his career in Houston, if he doesn't deliver a championship to the city it will in my mind be a disappointment. Not because he would not have played well, I'm actually quite sure he'll play great and be another rocket who goes into the HOF, but mainly because he is an mvp special talent and I really do think he will win a MVP within the next 3 years. He's a guy that should be judged on winning chips, his talent level says he should be able to find a way to win at least 1 championship for this city like Dirk did in taking down the big 3 superteam in Miami.

Time will tell but hopefully we get to see James play another 10 years in Houston and win a championship or more and make deep meaningful playoffs runs that us fans can enjoy and at the end of his career know that this guy did all he could for us on the court. If that happens it will be a success.

But after 4 years, yes I'm happy he's done a great job he's elevated the rockets profile resigned a second contract with us and is entering his prime and even attracted a top FA in Dwight. Outside of winning a chip he's done all that is asked let's see what the 2nd act looks like and let's enjoy it and support this guy because he's our best chance at somethings great in 20 years since Hakeem the dream played for us.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

One successful year.

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

are you talking about Harden or Howard?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

BS. His first season here was successful as hell.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Absolutely fantastic 4 years in Houston for the Harden era.

- signed by the local strip club owners

2 people like this.
  17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

2 8th seed, 1 4th seed, 1 2nd seed. 3 first round exits, 1 WCF. Attracted D12 after first year here, no one else since. When he first got here, I thought the plan was to build/DRAFT/develop around him for a championship caliber team. Instead they chased Max FAs, unsuccessfully, and ended up overpaying for B level players. For what I wanted, either serious championship contendership or building thru draft, it has not been very successful. For what Les wanted, a star player and constant playoff appearances/winning seasons, its been somewhat successful. Either build or win, no in between for me. Ticket prices cost too much

1 person likes this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The plan has always been to get at least 2 stars and find a third all-star caliber player to round it up. This has always been the plan. I am not sure where you got your assumptions from, but they ain't right.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like success to me

Rocket River

20. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I guess I took "We're going to build around James" differently. Maybe because I never feel into the "Free Agent destination" and "playoffs will make us more appealing" jive. Either way, the route they took hasnt worked yet, IF the real end goal is to win a championship. If they just want to sell tickets then mission accomplished.