1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

25 of the past 30 champs have been LBJ, Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Rockets, GSW. It's almost always true. If you want to count the Shaq/Kobe Lakers against the 76ers in the bricklaying age go ahead. They got swept because there was no offense outside of Iverson and couldn't score with no weapons.

2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This is disingenuous framing.. Yeah let's just mention the Sixers who they beat in the Finals and were lucky to win one game against em, but not mention that the Shaq/Kobe Lakers powered through much better teams than the Sixers en route to the Finals and teams better than those the Nets will likely have to play to get to the Finals in the East imo... They swept through a very good Kings team and a Spurs team that was #1 in defense and #6 offensively.

The point is there are exceptions in history when you have exceptional offensive talent unlike any in the league.
    The Nets would fit under that exception as they are on track to have the best offense in NBA history... Could their defense cost them? Sure, but it's not that improbable if they were to overcome it.

D-rock likes this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I see them as being 1 piece away from winning it all. If they can get someone at the buyout or if trade dinwiddie for a 3 and D player at the deadline. Most likely scenario is they make the right moves this off-season and win it all next year. I still think they probably make the finals this year. East is trash.

4. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Harden already made it up in his mind that the team wasn't good enough. That's the defeated mentality.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

“We didn’t quit! You quit!”

haiti_king and ipaman like this.
  6. pass_to_Hakeem

Yup... he was running out of ideas to get him out of Houston, so he got desperate and started making up crap and throwing shade. Pathetic really

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL at Steph, Dame and Luka on this list.

Media should be embarrassed.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

those picks put us in the same situation as any team that didn't give away all of their picks in dumb trades. We are now at status quo. We need additional good top 5 picks to really rebuild. Wall makes no sense. He will take away your picks while not contending.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Harden has no help crowd is in Philly tonight

10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

What's a Harden?

BamBam likes this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yep. When I didn't go to sleep to watch Brooklyn vs 76 then KD and Irving is out lol

btw watch first quarter refs still hate him lol

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's weird because I actively root against the Nets (since we have all their lotto picks) while hoping Harden plays well but what I noticed is when Harden plays well, their team usually wins.

Now I just hope Harden does us a solid and leaves BKN after next season leaving them with nothing. We shouldn't even think of retiring his jersey here until he gets us those lotto picks.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If they are successful no way he leaves. My guess is he will sign an extension before the year is out.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wrong thread.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

not necessarily true. it's entirely possible they win this year or next or even both, and all 3 will decide to go wherever after that, whether it's together or separately. highly doubtful extensions will be in play if not all 3 are committed and there's 0 reason for harden to sign an extension at this point

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't really matter if hes on the downside. his downside is still damn good and one of the best players in the league still. he isn't some role player declining. harden is at the point where he's going to control himself where he wants his future to be. And I highly doubt its years and years of freezing in Brooklyn when hes a Cali kid and it certainly won't be alone if kd and kyrie decide the same

#177 YOLO, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Pistons 1989,1990, 2004

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden looked so deflated and scared when Kevin Durant was pulled out of the Game.

In Harden Interview, he talked about Durant being pulled. I have never seen a Star looked so alone and scared. I mean carry the Team and Score and be a Real Leader.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can play 1 vs 1.

He can help himself.