1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden decided to go from being the best SG in the league to being the best PG, and he did so on a whim because his talent and skill level allows him to do so...it’s just insane

3x scoring champion, soon to be 2x assists leader, and has also led the league in threes made and free throws made

the only player who has a chance of ever accomplishing something like that is Doncic, and even with him, the chances are exceedingly small

he is the most unique offensive weapon in NBA history and it’s not even close

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Don't forget the icing on the cake! Our big gets to convince Harden to stay were both coming of debilitating injuries. Just lol.

"Groovy baby!" - Tilman, probably.

tycoonchip, Mathloom and vlaurelio like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's weird to me when posters inject stuff like this into posts, like intimate relationships and watching basketball are even remotely the same thing.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I've watched KD play basketball for 15 years. Does he ever go cold? He also doesn't settle for threes. They can close out on him he will take a dribble in and hit that elbow jumper over and over again. That's diffference between the Nets and Rockets. We had guys who could only shoot threes. Running KD, Kyrie, and Harden off the three point line will still result in a bucket. Who can stop them from scoring? This isn't Trevor Ariza and PJ Tucker.

clos4life and tycoonchip like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

the way people just make sh*t up on here is hilarious...they actually believe people want the Rockets to tank to make Harden look good...LMAO

if we had gotten a young star caliber player in the Harden trade that we could try and build around, I wouldn’t be in favor of tanking, but we didn’t

we got back a bunch of picks of unknown value and Dipo who I don’t even want us to re-sign...we have John Wall who is nothing but a placeholder...we have a bunch of role players...we have Wood who is more like a Siakam type than a true franchise player that u build around

that is why people want to tank...it has nothing to do with James Harden, that sh*t is so laughably dumb

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm in favor for the tank gifs

@BamBam pls confirm

BamBam likes this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

John Wall is the only person on this team that can even make basic pick and roll reads

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I’ve watched KD since UT and NBA for 40 years. ALL great teams go cold at some point and especially in the playoffs against solid D That is why no team with less than top 10 D has ever won. All 3 are great and I know their roster. It happens anyway. Comparing shooters from Rockets to Nets is not the point. You have bad patches through games. GSW had problems too but their D carried them in those situations.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you cant debate what is in front of you, obfuscate and prevaricate.

I see you Ted Cruz.

clos4life likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both EGo and Dipo have been more efficient in PnR than Wall.

I know, I was shocked too.

And averaging only 2.4 passes to Wood needs to be better, much much much better.

#150 D-rock, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    clos4life and FrontRunner like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I understand players get cold. But we are talking about 2 maybe 3 of the greatest offensive players to ever play the game. All three of them going cold in the same game is less likely to happen. Plus like I said they won't settle for threes. These 3 guys can get to the basket at will.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Now compare Harden's 5.8 average assists to Wood vs. Wall's 2.4 assists in almost twice as many games.

And Harden was checked out.

luckyman76 and FrontRunner like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

My stance on JH as his former stan is he is HOF tier 2. Generational player, stats a lil inflated due to system AND rules. His ceiling isnt as high as tier 1 because he simply isnt athletic enough to rawly, physically dominate when stars aint ligning up. He cant be compared to LeBrons, MJs, Kareems of the world because these pants are too big. For me JH is Wade tier which still is top. And I wouldnt even say it and act like he bum because he aint, but constant talk from his stans saying he is BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER EVER is just blasphemy and i choose to do reality check

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

All this coming from a Melo stan?????

LOL

Keep ignoring reality and fabricating your fiction.

FBI is coming soon, wait for the knock on your door.

Hopefully you are not too checked out or self deluded to recognize it when it happens.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree he's not in the class as Jordan, Lebron etc. but that's mainly cuz of his defensive limitation due to his athleticism. But that doesn't mean he can't be the greatest offensive player of all time. All the stats and numbers back it up. No one scores more in ISO, no one generates more points per game.

If I needed 1 player to get 1 basket to win I wouldn't pick Harden but why does that shot invalidate what he does for the other 47 minutes. Nets have KD who can make a claim for greatest scorer ever and even they quickly learned that running their offense through Harden is better.

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The rule goes: if you break an Oscar Robertson record, you are automatically named MVP no matter how dubious your case is or how strong anybody else is*

*void where prohibited or if your name is James Harden

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I don't see how Luka could accomplish it... He's simply not a good 3pt shooter and a subpar FT shooter... I think he could improve, but that still wouldn't get him to Harden's level.

He could at some point lead the league in assists tho

D-rock likes this.
  18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Most "complete" offensive weapon in NBA history.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

LITERALLY NOT TRUE

#159 Air Canada, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Always been a Rockets fans first with 1981 Finals but I've watched Kyrie for years too and this also comes from a Harden fanatic (I became a Thunder fan because of KD and then Harden and never liked Westbrooks game and would never compare Kyrie to him) who still watches the long highlights of every Nets game slightly before Harden was traded and certainly after. Barring injuries they're winning 55-60 games and finishing top 3 in the conference. However, if you watch the Nets and don't have serious concerns... The other team ARTIFICIALLY gets to score on the level of the big three because of the pace, open lanes, and there is just no opposition. This system just does something to your team. On offense they look like gods and nothing can stop them with great ball movement, shot selection, halfcourt vision. It's really a thing of beauty. I get your optimism. In a series I think they are likely to get hurt by it at some point is all I am saying, 3s or not.