1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what. cp3 can speak up if he wants to. He has that place in the league. all good teams have people who chirp back and forth. It's amazing how cf's goes nuts over competiveness. Folks act like everything needs to be bff's and smiles all day. and then they go through all the mental hoops of creating their own silly theories.

Morey never wanted to dump cp3 for the millionth times. It's no wonder hes isn't here anymore and left the dumbass that made him do it. anyone who still thinks it was his idea just refuses to see anything that makes actual sense. But its ok, there's plenty of years down the road to continue and suffer with the dumbass still at the helm

napalm06 likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

While I totally agree with the above, Tilman didn't just pull that trade out of his idiot ass. He forced it through after it was presented to him as an option. I have to partially blame Morey for not squashing it at the idea phase, because he had to know that CP3's performance that year combined with Tilman's hate of his contract might light a fire he couldn't put out.

And I'll die on the hill that if CP3 had played better that season, he and Harden would both still be Rockets.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Morey was definitely one of the ones who squashed it and advised against it. and even Tilman's dumbass admitted it. So enjoy your hill then. they weren't getting passed GS with literally no bench.

And Morey said bye felicia right after. Great move

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I never said otherwise. I've been one of the ones on CF yelling the loudest that Tilman is responsible for that trade going through. But again, the trade was likely never Tilman's idea, because if it was, he'd have taken credit for that part of it too. Somebody presented it to him, and had they not done that, he wouldn't have pulled the trigger.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

He already took credit for it when it happened. But it was a dumbass decision. What's there to take credit for after the fact. He looks like the dumbass that he is now. And look at the Rockets now

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tilman took credit for telling his ops guys to go through with the trade. He never said the trade was his idea, just that this "ops guys" had the idea and then got cold feet.

I'm anything but a Tilman apologist, and the ultimate blame for the trade goes to the guy who said, "Do it." But something strange happened after that season that led to this even being an option.

That said, I'm done arguing with you about this because it's deadline day and I have an F5 key to pound. :D Besides, we're both on the same team here. You just think CP3's play and actions didn't play a big part in the trade happening, while I think they contributed to it.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he actually took credit for going against his ops guys. He said he was going for it.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you honestly think the trade was Tilman's idea? That he told Morey to swap those two players with no input whatsoever?

That point I don't agree on.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course it was. you can disagree if you want to. westbrick is the complete opposite of what morey spent years trying to build all along here. First chance he got, he couldn't stand it anymore and left his dumbass. And so did plenty of others. And despite all the input of a bad idea, he did it anyway. Now he gets to live with putting the rockets in the state of irrelevance for years to come. He made his bed. Now he's lying in

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think Tilman probably saw that Westbrook was available and Morey was like, well let me see if we can add it too CP3 and Harden, which opened the conversation and ultimately led to the destruction of the franchise.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

It definitely began with Morey trying to add Westbrook to the team, Morey has admitted that.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ferty was on record saying that Chris Paul was "one of the worst contracts he'd seen in sports".

He was just searching for anything. The fact that we got Westbrook is just the tragicomic ending.

topfive likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny how things turn out. All star, all nba cp3 is a great contract leading young teams to top records in the league, while Tilman is one of the worst owners in sports

napalm06 and topfive like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gotta admit, this is a much worse ending than I ever saw coming. I didn't think Westbrook would work out, but certainly didn't expect that trade would lead to both Morey and Harden eventually wanting out.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't I know it... it hurts to watch.

16. riko

riko Member

Unpopular opinion but Russ is better then wall. Infact he was a better playmaker

D-rock likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

He absolutely is.

The only way people say he's not, is because they're too upset to admit their favourite organisation is now a joke.

riko likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

i like turtles

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

i like puppies

Mr. Space City likes this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

I’m not sure what Morey is supposed to do. Say Tillman says his famously Genius quote, “we need that extra 5 percent”, and ow Westbrook is arguably more marketable than cp3 and brings in more bucks, happens to be friends with Harden and tillman was the one after 2019 said He will instill the step on your throat killer mentality, he really said this..about a team with the famously feisty napoleon complex-pau Gasol cant even friendly pat my head Chris Paul.

So now morey says OKC has a crazy price, its not worth it. Tillman says we want this trade, push more .Morey says I pushed, he is their cornerstone this is as far as they’ll go.

Then cue tillman “
    I was in Europe, and so I was six or seven hours ahead of them. So I’m talking at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. And we just decided to do it. They ran different statistics by me.

My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’

The one thing I believe you do in business, and you do in basketball, is you never sit still. You always keep it exciting.”

The trade is done, please note that he was vacationing in europe on his yacht when this trade was done. Once again, this was just another major domino to fall with a focus on flash, not substance, watering down the quality/margins which help teams win each year and demanding more for a worse product. Even in the roco trade, the green/nene part along with others were added not because they were needed for the other team, but just enough and a few picks to get us under the tax once again.

topfive, D-rock and Rocket River like this.