1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ariza was one of the leaders in minutes here. he was definitely an issue, especially when they never replaced him til RoCo of last year. They went scraping the bottom barrel and got bottom barrel results. and even cp3 and vets specifically mentioned the dynamic of the team just was never the same by not bringing guys back after 17-18

topfive likes this.
  2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I do believe this team could've actually been really good, and with the injuries to the Lakers, could've been great. Wall is overused now, but he's healthy and running the offense with Harden sitting would've been better than Russ. Add in Wood, Tate, PJ, Gordon, House, Nwaba, Benny Mac. That's a better 9 man rotation than we had last year and possibly the year before. Harden was not playing like Harden, everyone knows that.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

This team sucks. stop kidding yourself. last years team wasn't even good so it's easy to say its better than them

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You ever been dumped and then decided to rub it in your exes face by getting in the best shape or your life?... Revenge attitude it VERY real, and it is a huge motivator. Some of my greatest achievements in life came after someone undervalued me... From experience, I can tell you that everyone saying CP3 was done helped him get back to that point. Dude changed his entire diet and routine. It's not just a storyline, it's a very real reaction that can push someone who hasn't had to be pushed in a while. I stand by this.

5. riko

riko Member

Cousins and wall were coming off catastrophic injuries. It’s easy to see why this team is so bad and even with a fully motivated Harden this was nothing more then a 6 th seed in the west.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really when it didn't matter. He was again already motivated going into the season with what could have been his 3rd year with the Rockets prior to any news of being traded. All that other stuff is pretty meaningless. You can stand by your own theory if you want. Doesn't matter in the end when its fake news

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I disagree, strictly because Harden is that good. He makes players better, and he could have pushed that team to be great. I'll gladly back-off and say the team has proven to be terrible since, but I do believe things would've turned out differently.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's no such thing as pushing guys off injuries and missing games like they have been all year

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I believe all the reports say the diet and routine change happened prior to any trade talks.

His sub par, injury riddled season was the motivation to change.

The eventual trade may have played a role in his mindset over his season in OKC, but it wasn’t what sparked the initial change.

YOLO likes this.
  10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Lol, you don't think CP3 worked even the "slightest" bit harder after being undervalued so hard. One of the most competitive players of all time was traded to a rebuilding team to take picks and CP3 just trained like he "normally does" in the off-season. How many players in the league talk about having a chip on their shoulder? They literally gave that back to him.

There's nothing fake about it. Dude wanted to show everybody they were wrong. Worked harder, changed his diet and did so...

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Sure, I'll say it might not have been what sparked his decision to change his diet, but I'd bet my life he was thinking about that trade and what everyone was saying during all of his workouts and early mornings. The dude came back with a purpose.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. again nothing changed with how he was already preparing for the upcoming season. It's silly fake news like this that people try to use to lessen the dumbass move made by Tilman. But nah it doesn't work that way

If that was the reason then why is he continuing to have an impact on the suns with them having one of the best records in the league and by far their best season since the nash days. Is he mad at okc. nah

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you're saying that getting within a hamstring (his own, mind you) of knocking off a dynasty and reaching the finals didn't motivate him to change his diet and workout routine? F%$k him, then. Dude came back the next year and played worse, then acted like Harden and MDA were the only problem.

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Why in the world would he be upset with OKC, holy cow man! If you haven't experienced a chip on your shoulder, you won't understand it. I think CP3 would've came back and played well without the trade, but he came back and played great. That's the guy we wish we had instead of Russ.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

did he? seems like hes fine with harden and mda to me. but cf's loves their theories

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

any version of cp3 is a better fit on the rockets than westbrick. Not only next to harden but it gives you much better lineup options for the entire team. Dude is the worst possible fit in the modern era of the nba next to harden and took away the option of actually playing a pnr roll big which harden has thrived with for years

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I agree with you! A good (even if not great) CP3 would’ve still been better than Russ last year. Commons ground! Now I’m going back to the trade threads, have a great deadline day!

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with this.

Has nothing to do with my initial point.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

You really are not good at watching basketball.

I like Wall, even better than Westbrook but he could never have the impact that Westbrook did after the ASB.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Toward the end of the year and in the playoffs, he was chirping quite a bit on court and word from supposed insiders said he was unhappy with Harden having grown to be so much the focus of things during CP3's injury absence. Who knows what's real and what's not, but if they were getting along as well as before, it's hard to imagine Morey even entertaining the idea of dumping him for Westbrook.

jiggyfly likes this.