1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has not looked as good as he did in that 65 win year and he was not good enough to continue to play that style.

He has not looked good enough to be the 2nd best player on a championship team, especially when he wants to be the number 1 guy.

The guy who looked great the last 2 years got bounced in the 1st round again last year and let's see what happens this year before saying he is great.

And just because he has "looked" great has nothing to do with the real weakness in that team, did he not regress that year and was terrible in playoffs?

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think he could be the second best player in a championship team still. Especially if that first player is Harden.

you never know how last year woulda turned out if we still had Capela and CP3. The Lakers size wouldn't have been as big of a factor.

bmelo and D-rock like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's wishful thinking in my opinion but to each his own.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook completely changed the dynamic of the team. We had to go small for him. You don't know what the team would have looked like if we kept CP3. Westbrook was a negative in the playoffs. CP coulda given at least something.

Considering the Thunder were an afterthought and no one thought they'd make the playoffs shows you how valuable CP3 was. He took us to 7 games with nothing.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Advice from a fellow Clutchfan:

Before you post a thread
    Ask, is my knee jerking?
    And if it is, close browser

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Preach. You have so many more options for roster construction and versatility around CP. But Tilman hated his contract. I wonder how he feels about it now that he has had Westbrick and the corpse of John Wall.

#886 napalm06, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    RHU525 and YOLO like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

This

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

riko, YOLO, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

#889 D-rock, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  10. riko

riko Member

Give what a chance? The YMCA rehab squad a chance?

vator likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

yea you were right, im a harden fan who wanted him to give silas a chance. But looking back i was wrong, this team is trash

vator likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Considering how CP health turned out to be after the trade, i regret it happened more than his hammy injury. Cp is literally top 5 point guards ever and we ended up with even more injured John Wall whom i like but cmon... CP is as best as you can get at pg

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does Westbrook have to do with CP3 being the reason we underachieved that next year?

Keep on topic.

Yes CP# would have been better but he would not have beaten the Lakers.

The difference between OKC and the Rockets where that the Rockets had Harden, that OKC had some talent just look at what those players got in Free Agency, Gallinari, Adams and Schroeder.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I am keeping on topic. We all agree CP3 wasn't good his second year. But I think he was still injured and never fully recovered from the hamstring. He looks much healthy these last two years and he should still be a Rocket.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How is talking about Westbrook still being on topic?

And thanks for making my point that CP3 was the reason that team declined not because we did not sign Ariza to the 15 million dollar deal.

Nice talk.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How is it not both things? Why is it just CP3 decline. Our defense took a huge step back without Ariza and Luc. It's what made us great that year.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets finished 20-5 that year with a top 5 def/off rating after the AS break when cp3 returned. They absolutely were hurt by the lack of depth in the end. Because well there was none. LTS won again

RHU525 likes this.
  18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This was 100% a contributing factor, but CP3 just didn't look good. Had a down year at the worst time. W/out the Russ trade we could've contended the following year, but truthfully, I don't know how motivated CP would've been without the trade. Just a tough situation, but CP didn't bring it like he could have/and did the following season.s

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Never said it was just that decline I think not having Luc was more a factor than Ariza but you only wanted to Focus on Ariza and I said he was not the most pressing issue.

You and to many people keep harping on not signing Ariza when that was not the real issue.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 is nothing but a scapegoat to casuals for what is the entire picture. and its already been said many times, cp3 was plenty motivated prior to the trade and already prepping for the upcoming season for what he thought would be his 3rd year with the rockets. He didn't all of a sudden change after the news of the trade. He continued with his offseason that he already started prior to the trade.