1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. MettaWorldPete

This is a good thread for figuring out who to add to the ignore list, an exceptional feature of this site.

D-rock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

if Harden had given more effort he would be a 2 or 3 times champ already in Houston.

Well, actually he might have won 2/3 in OKC since Perk said James gave them nothing bcoz he was going to the strip clubs during the finals.
    Had nothing to do in San Antonio

chadyang and hajkov like this.
  3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

That's super interesting. The Nets interest is obvious, and it's easy to see why Drummond would enjoy playing with that team and contending... but Cleveland has zero incentive to buy him out of that massive contract unless he chooses to leave a lot of money on the table. And if I'm Drummond, and felt like I was unlikely to make it up in the next contract, I wouldn't do that.

My bet is the Nets are able to fill out the roster with ring chasers and vet buyout, Jeff Green types. It might not be a big name like Drummond, but they could certainly find some bigs and defense. It may still be a thin bench, but they can definitely improve on the margins.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden did great things as a Rocket.
    The best thing he did recently as a Rocket was quit and force a trade.

rhee and DCkid like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Let’s be real they ain’t winning a ring, but as an old school guy that understands this is entertainment I wanna see a product on the floor that tries night in and out. Like scola, brooks, Lowry et al.

harden was just a proper mindset away from becoming a champion with this team imo. Morey surrounding him with good talent.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. jayfree

jayfree Member

Harden doesn't have anyone else around him on the Nets either.

Who they got? Durant coming off an Achilles injury. Kyrie who's one step away from his ten step program. DJ who cries whenever he can't make a decision on picking a team and their sharpshooter is a "whiteboy". ;)

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

... He forced his way out, that's all you're saying.

Harden didn't have help before this. That's just the truth.

It took Harden how long to become disgruntled? And how long did Lebron take?

If Lebron is out here setting the bar, Harden went over that limit, so I'm perfectly fine w/ that. I'm bitter about him leaving but look at these fans that treated him like he wasn't a top-5 player in the league.

The stubbornness is ridiculous.

tycoonchip, Air Canada, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@saleem
    I watched the Nets beat the Clippers tonight. They looked pretty good.

Harden looked like he lost 15 pounds he was carrying around as a Rocket.

Nets will be there barring injury (ECF)

s3ts and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good for Harden, not so good for us. I still feel lack of defense will hurt them in the playoffs. A couple of defensive minded players in trades/ buyouts will make them much stronger. Thanks Apache.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Which is why a lot of Harden only fans/fan boys are mad right now and want us to tank because winning makes Harden look bad.

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yall need to get this **** through your thick ass heads. This team with or without harden is a mediocre, low playoffs seed at best. They are not even close to contending. James Harden is a 31 year old superstar whos done it all otherwise. The only thing that should be on his mind is championships. Even in your own deluded little world, you should know that Harden and KD are an actual contender while Harden and Christian Wood and whoever are flat out just not

HP3 likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Kyrie, KD, >> wood wall

Dont be an idiot and try and argue otherwise.

Air Canada, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  13. raspar

raspar Member

This is about the only way that James would win us a ring.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why, did I ever say he did not take plays off?

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

jayfree likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Preach Brother!

It's that simple.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude just stop, nobody wants the Rockets to tank to make harden look good you sound ignorant.

People want the Rockets to tank because they think that's the best way to build a contender, now that is certainly up for debate but it has nothing to do with Harden.

Don't equate these people with LOF's whoever burner account this is.

Reeko, TimDuncanDonaut, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

I still don’t think Harden would work with this group and coach. Nets are calling their big threes the ISO gangs. I haven’t watched them a lot except checking their forum on Reddit to see how harden is doing. Lol. ISO gangs, let’s see how that works for them in the playoffs.

Time for culture change. Needle has to be moved. We weren’t going to get one more superstar. So happy happy I guess

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

This is the perfect example that winning is beyond stats and talent. its also about being locked in and chemistry. thats why the heat are not champions in year one. thats why die clippers last year implode and that will be the reason the nets need one more year for a championship.

that and some defense.

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As good as this team is, it's not a contender even with Harden. We are a borderline playoff team. Harden with a g-league team is a borderline playoff team.

D-rock, HP3 and s3ts like this.