1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey, many were ready to ride out his 2+ year contract, he wanted to get out this season.

Not much we could do, other than smooth things over and reduce the drama.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

The 76ers initial offer was Simmons, Thybulle + 2 FRP.

Rockets wanted more.

Maxey was either going to be included or 6ers would move another player(s) for draft considerations, PLURAL, to compensate the Rockets.

Just because you have limited reading comprehension is not my fault *****.

And google this shet yourself fvckwad.

#442 D-rock, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You are great at Googling but fail to actually read simple things in an article.

Again you don't know what the initial offer is for draft picks, nobody does. The ONLY confirmed report by Stein is that it was centered around Simmons and Thybulle. There were NEVER any reporting on how many picks were there, whether they were first or second round, amount of protection etc.

The only report on Maxey was that Morey didn't want to include him and was "mustering draft compensation". That could mean anything, he could have mustered 2 SRP for all you know.

I don't care if you like to make up **** in your head about the thousands of FRP supposedly attached to Simmons, but don't got around the forum spamming misinformation like they are facts.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Kevin O'Connor specifically states that the 2 FRP was offered with Simmons and Thybulle with Rockets countering that 76ers also add Maxey.

Learn to read you dumbfvck.

Edit: Correction, KOC stated 76ers last offer was Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey AND 3 FRP.

#444 D-rock, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Let's be honest though, do we all honestly believe Maxey would have kept Morey from Harden? The answer is no. And Chris Haynes already reported that Fertitta didnt want to deal with Daryl. It seems like the negotiations with Philly were never in good faith.

D-rock, Verbal Christ and rockbox like this.
  6. sydmill

sydmill Member

Putting the ad hominem attack to one side, if that offer was out there for James the Rockets were fools not to take it. I doubt anyone is realistically arguing for tanking with those players in the fold. The only reason I am pro tanking is because of the return the Rockets got in the Harden trade.

In fact, were I Stone I would have then routed Simmons for even more players that fit the Wood timeline. At one point I suggested sending James to Philly for the package mentioned here and then routing Simmons to ATL for Huerter, Hunter, and Reddish or to Miami for Herro and Precious. That's a squad that has a future irrespective of the '21 draft.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

It's not wise to dwell on what ifs, especially what ifs that rely on rumors.

I could be talked into a Simmons package or what we actually got. We f*cked ourselves by not seeing the writing on the wall in the offseason with Harden.

sydmill likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden should have this record all to himself by week's end.

Nook likes this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's still lying because he can't read the articles he's citing. KOC wrote the Rockets DEMANDED Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey and 3 FRP. Nobody knows what the 76ers offered exactly to this day.

I followed the 76ers forum during the trade, there were a lot of rumors of what was offered and nothing was ever confirmed. Some sources say it was Simmons Thybulle and 1 FRP, som speculate it was two. I have never heard anyone credible report more than that or confirm either case.

We do know that the Rockets demanded Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey and 2 or 3 picks depending on who you hear it from.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean either way, even if it was 2 FRP those were still better than what we got from the Nets. Seems like Fertitta was deliberately upping the price and negotiating in bad faith, no? Like Im not even blowing smoke either, Chris Haynes has reported on Fertitta not wanting to deal with Philly because of Daryl. Also there was the report about Morey not getting a chance to make a counter offer.

D-rock likes this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey, James win a ring in Brooklyn, great proclaimed a great player and then return home to Houston, where often times it is warmer.

gotsis, Nook, Rocket_ph and 2 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

If "we" know this azzwipe, AND we also know that Morey informed BOTH Simmons and Thybulle's agents that they were going to be traded it stands to reason that 76ers thought they met Rockets trade demands.

Simple ratiocination.

No one informs their players, least of all Morey, unless they truly believed that deal was most likely completed.

If Rockets allowed 76ers to counter Nets deal, they could have received even more from Philly.

Your inability to use basic induction is your stupidity, no one else's.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lets say for the sake of argument it was 2 FRP for and 2021 and 2022, that's likely a 28-30 pick because with Harden they will be likely No1 seed this year and next year in the East. I don't see how that's more valuable than what Nets gave us. You could argue Simmons is worth 2 first rounders, but that's just breaking even with the Nets picks and Swaps.

If Tilman wasn't negotiating in good faith than why even talk about it, because it's impossible to know what we realistically could have gotten back. We did negociate to include Maxey in the deal, so it's not like Stone just never answered Morey's calls. Also in November when the Rumor first came out, there was a report that Houston asked for Simmons + 3, and Morey pulled out of trade talks for a while.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wait so 76ers met all of our demands and they also refused to include Maxey on the deal. Which one is it?

Why do they need to pull Maxey out of the deal to muster draft compensation if they met our conditions. It sounds like the two sides are not close to closing the deal.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Simmons, Thybulle, 2 FRp and Maxey. Its not really breaking even with the Nets deal. We arent getting value for those picks....most likely ever. The Nets might not ever be bad enough for those picks to work out. You are banking on organization that is actually competent making incompetent moves for the foreseeable future. The Philly deal was better. The Nets deal is likely some pipe dream Fertitta sold everyone. Even if the Nets implode right now, they literally have three superstar talents that can be used as trade pieces. And we wont even know if those pick swaps are worth anything till 2026. Its a mirage that they are trying to sell us on, its also just poor gambling imo.

Better than what we got which is my point. He stopped and didnt press Morey to up the offer. Do you really think Daryl woulndt do it for James Harden? Of course he would. Cmon man Morey never actually pulled out of the trade talks, they can say that but we all know all the social media stuff Daryl was doing. He was always planning to get Harden. He was trying to low ball until he couldnt, we knew what he would actually give up for Harden and it was better assets than what the Nets deal gave us.

D-rock likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah if only the rockets had not traded for this choker the rockets would be racking up the trophies now

has btw harden been up 3-1 and coached a series away?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why do you keep saying Maxey, Maxey was what we asked for and 76ers said no and went back to come up with another offer. That was when the conversation died out. It was Simmons Thybulle and 1 or 2 FRPs. How you compare Simmons to Nets picks is subjective depending on how you value Simmons ceiling and luck with the Nets picks.

If Morey really wanted Harden he wouldn't have tried to low ball and say no to Maxey. If he actually offered Simmons and 3 FRP, Harden would have been gone before training camp. I do believe Tilman was holding a grudge, I also believe he wouldn't have turned it down if it was a fleece was us, and Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey + 3 would have been an offer we couldn't refuse. Morey obviously considered that an overpay.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

How are you even alive with such limited brain functionality?