1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Greatest Corporate BS Speak

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's brilliant how all three can be used in the same sentence without anyone in the crowd blinking twice.

Just means to cut corners all the way without a plan but don't **** it up...Pivot Violently if you find yourself in front of the bus driver!

More of Fertita's: Shut Up and Handle It.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tilman's philosophy works in the service industry where it's mostly low IQ and low skilled workers who don't mind stamping out the widgets day in and day out. It also works in shipping warehouses and Walmarts. It doesn't work in knowledge industries.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I love my boss but damn if they are not 100% like this.

davidio840 likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Is scheduling an hour long meeting from a :30 to another :30 a faux pas? When my calendar is full I find it endlessly annoying when people want to effectively take up two hour blocks. It's like double parking.

Uh...BS of the day: Work synergistically with the solutions consultant to achieve the best Lean outcome.

5. Buck Turgidson

It really reminds me of the pretentious-ass wine and whiskey reviewers. Here's some randomly selected tasting notes I saw in a bourbon article recently (writer is a trained/serious spirits reviewer):

• The nose opens with mild leather, brown spices, light caramel, sour vanilla cream, and a hint of dried green mint stems. There’s thin cinnamon on the front of the palate that leads to vanilla pudding cups (but kind of like licking the lid), apple tobacco, and dry cornbread. The mid-palate is sweet with a “brown sugar” vibe that leads towards a little more winter spice and dry wicker.
    • Maple syrup and chalky cherry vitamins mix with cream soda, buttermilk pancake batter, and a sachet of vanilla pudding powder. That vanilla powder becomes a soft pudding on the palate as dry cedar bark counters Flintstone vitamins and cherry cream soda. The end lets the creaminess shine as that dry cedar and cherry slowly fade out.
    • Raw leather, dark Caro syrup, nutmeg heavy eggnog, and charred oak lead the way on the nose. The palate starts off with mulled wine spices with ripe, slightly tart, and mildly sweet red berries swim in rich vanilla-laced heavy cream. Cedar planks dipped in honey move the mid-palate toward a finish of cream honey tobacco leaves in an old leather pouch.
    • This has a very distinct nose that ventures from vanilla-soaked leather to a very clear sense of allspice berries and ground clove with a hint of cornbread batter and soft oak. There’s a light sense of caramel apples leading toward Johnnycakes covered in butter and honey with a light nutmeg lurking in the background. The finish arrives with a hint of dry reeds that ends up on a vanilla cream with brown spices.

Seriously, dude, you do not know what "cedar planks dipped in honey" taste like, you jackass.

6. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Hearing "Makes Sense" a lot at work. It is the new no brainer.

7. Xerobull

Every market segment gets granular enough to produce it's own dorks.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Xerobull

We're concerned with the main tentpole with this triple solution so we're going into a skoosh more detail.

#68 Xerobull, Jul 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I remember going out with co-workers and wine vendors or reviews would get into tasting descriptions like that. I enjoyed quality and variety but I wasn't going for sommelier-level skill but to each their own. As long as you enjoy it but aren't condescending about it I guess, reminded me of this guy at times.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"Pics or it didnt happen"
    Need proof of invoice if you want to expense it

"YOLO"
    I dont care because I already gave my two weeks notice

"You are smokin Hot!"
    Clam down! Control your anger! This is a professional environment!

"First time for everything"
    At least for today

"This is not going to end well"
    I am sleeping with my boss

"Did he/she mention me?"
    I am sleeping with your boss

Xerobull and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You should see some cologne/perfume reviews. I sometimes bust out laughing at them, but then get pissed off when I read glowing reviews of one, buy it and it smells more like a moose that got hit by a cement truck and is partially decomposed on a hot summer day. Reading Basenotes' fragrance reviews sometimes makes me want to drop streaming services.

12. Xerobull

Dealing with a jackass who signs his emails with

R/
    (name)

Dude can't even be bothered to type 'Regards'

13. droxford

droxford Member

A modern buzzword is "pillars"

"Our firm will establish six pillars that define our core goals and values" or some crap like that.

Do all these C-level executives go to the same seminar and drink the Kool-Aid from one person who presents this drabble?

Buck Turgidson and Xerobull like this.
  14. Xerobull

Thats exactly what they do. They all read the same leadership book of the week, too. Most executives are useless sycophants whose only purpose is to be the bad guys for the president or other senior execs.

Seeing this is why I stopped halfway through my MBA program.

15. Buck Turgidson

I thought I was the only one...

Xerobull likes this.
  16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I call it management p*rn.

Anyway, retired now so this thread is bringing back unpleasant memories. The one I hated was when someone restated something already said so they could think it was their idea or that they were "adding value."

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

So damn glad I’m retired.

kindest regards,

Pole.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread is definitely a turnkey, plug and play, win/win, so let's push the pig through the python and then we can put a pin in it and take it offline. We can circle back around and grab the low hanging fruit once we run it up the flagpole.

19. Buck Turgidson

Wut? That's a new one.

Ottomaton and Xerobull like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I'm assuming it's an offshoot of this:

https://charactercounts.org/character-counts-overview/six-pillars/

which is a thing I didn't know existed, but is apparently prevalent in management circles