1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The glide coming back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballinUNC, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ballinUNC

ballinUNC Member

ESPN.com news services:

Clyde Drexler says he gets offers all the time to return to the court in the NBA.

But would he do it? It would have to be a very special offer for the Hall of Famer to even consider it.

"I get offers all the time, a couple of teams call from time to time to see if I am interested, but I have been retired six years now and I love it," Drexler told GameNight on ESPN Radio. "I played 15 years and even though I am a young man around the same age as Karl Malone, it would have to be a very good offer from a contender for me to even consider it."

Earlier Thursday, in an interview with ESPN Radio 560 in Denver, Drexler sounded more willing to try a comeback -- even as a player/coach.

"Every year a team calls me and says, 'Hey would you come off the bench for us? ... Would you play the role as player-coach and develop some of these young players and kind of give them a positive role mode?,' and every year I have said, 'You know, I really enjoy being home with my kids ... I kind of like it,' but if somebody with a chance to win a Championship would call, I'd consider it."

If Drexler ever were to come back, he realizes his days of domination are over. But he still believes he has some game left.

"I couldn't be myself to dominate a game on both ends of the court, but I could certainly come in and provide a spark for 10 minutes a half," Drexler told GameNight. "So basically as a bench player/role player in a player-coach capacity I think I can still contribute."

And even though he was the star attraction for many years, Drexler believes he could adjust to life as a role player.

"It would be a lot of fun because I know its not the same sort of career," Drexler told GameNight. "I could be a very good role player since I have many skills, which means -- and especially if you can only play 20 minutes a game coming off the bench in a reserve role and then be a coach in the other half of the game -- that would be a fun experience for me at this stage of the game."

--I think that it would be so cool to have clyde back in a rockets uniform. he could help develop our guys and contribute. What do you guys think

2. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member