1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mkahanek, Apr 24, 2016.

1. R=$

R=$ Member

The future ...... Harden will start to develop mysterious injuries like phyerfeius to cover-up lack of winning record. The beard can't change it's stuble! :grin:

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Parsons said he will try and get Dwight Howard to come here after he (Parsons ) re-signs with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a>. He said Howard is leaving Houston.</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/725029011877851136">April 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Capela and Dmo
    Beasley and Josh
    Durant and mcdaniels
    Harden and terry
    Bev and sergio

Coach. George Karl or Jeff Van Gundy..... Lets go to war

4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

This season has been frustrating, but I still think there are reasons to be optimistic.

Back of the envelope capology: Assuming Dwight leaves, the Rockets salary will be at $45millionish. If they waive Brewer (his deal is nonguaranteed if waived this offseason) that gets us down to about $38million. The cap is projected to jump to at least $90million. That means we'll have roughly $52million to throw at free agents. Keep in mind that max salaries start at roughly

$22.5m (0-6 years experience, 25% of cap)
    $27m (7-9 years experience, 30% of cap)
    $31.5m (10+ years experience, 35% of cap).

That means Houston could sign two young players (e.g. Barnes and Whiteside) and have $7m left over. Or the could sign a vet and a young guy (e.g. Durant and Whiteside ) and have about $2.5million left over. They could sign two vets (e.g. Durant and Horford) if they renounced the rights to Terrence Jones or Dmo, and have about $1m left over.

Take a look here at the free agents available: http://hoopshype.com/2016/03/05/nba-free-agency-2016-small-forwards/

Plan A is Durant and another big time player to fill out, but there are a lot of other directions this team could go for Plan B . As much hate as Harden got for loafing on defense, Houston regressed because our defense suffered, and Harden was at times the only offense. Ariza, Beverley and whoever we played at PF were not above average starters. Howard did not play like a superstar. And the bench was nonexistent. However, if you get 2 players at virtually any position except SG, this team will be a lot better not only because the starters will be better, but because you push players like Ariza, Dmo, and/or Beverley to where they belong: solid bench contributors. For all the hate Ariza gets, he'd be great as a 20min off the bench SF. Beverley is a great change of pace guy, and Dmo would be awesome as instant offense.

Also, it's inconceivable we don't land some sort of upgrade at coach.

5. Matt78777

I'm going to laugh when parsons does exactly this...and takes howard with him to orlando

6. Matt78777

Can McDaniels guard point guards? If he keeps working on his 3 point shot, I'd be so tempted to have him start next to Harden, have him guard the opposing team's PG and make Harden de facto point guard. Why not? He practically already is. McDaniels could be our bigger Beverley that give opposing PGs problems when he moves off the ball toward the basket, and bodies up on them on the other side...

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The Rockets need a complete overhaul: New owner, new gm, new coach, new uniforms, new logo, new mascot, and replace about 90% of the players on the team. Other than all that, they're just fine.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I've heard a couple of people mention this, and a couple of people say this is absolutely not true. Can some other knowledgeable folks on the GARM chime in on this? I always understood that Brewer's contract is guaranteed for the entire length. It makes a huge difference is we can waive him versus having to add an asset to move him.

9. Matt78777

ok I admit, I'm repeating what people in the GARM have said with regard to Brewer. I was kinda surprised to see it too. Anyone have any insight into this?

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I like it ..... Anything to keep building his confidence.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Nothing I've read supports this. Googling just now also says its a 3 year deal, no player or team options. It would be great if it was true.

Also, common sense says Brewer wouldn't have sucked so much if he was potentially playing for a contract - see last season as an example!

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

That guy really made that long ass post just to say to go after Harrison Barnes lmao. Barnes is so over rated, man. I can't believe people think he's worth something.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Our future is a skeleton of a hamster that never got off the spinning wheel and the wheel is still spinning. No **** given

14. malakas

malakas Member

Brewers contract is fully guaranteed and lasts for two more years declining.

15. Matt78777

where did that rumor get started then? I dont' remember where I read it.

16. malakas

malakas Member

A bullcrap site posted it last week and ppl kept repeating it even Bima himself came to deny it.
    Theres no uncertainty on the subject. Its fully guaranteed 100%.