1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The FTX scam, Sam Bankman-Fried, the Clintons and the Democrats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 13, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So he also donated a bit to the GOP. So what?

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would say it's intellectually lazy to just call everything you don't like a "conspiracy theory". But it's actually more than that, it's also evil. If you act like that, you are no better than Trump.

The Hunter Biden laptop was a "conspiracy theory" until it turned out to be true. Etc.

Space Ghost likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

yip your willful ignorance is such that you fell for the manipulated news that only Dems were receving donations.

the forebes articlles provides a fuller story, that both Dems and GOP received donation from him

4. adoo

adoo Member

why are you so willfully ignorant, referencing hal-azzed reporting?

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dude I trade full-time and followed this saga to the teeth, everyone for months knew Ftx has donated to both parties, but the donations for the democrats and work with dnc staffers vastly outweighs the donations to a gop blockchain pac, plus being an active otc party betting against Trump 24.

Again, you don't even read what others say.

6. adoo

adoo Member

your willful ignorance is such that you ommit to mention that everyone knows the GoP received donations as well.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know who you are, apparently you have been posting here for a long time, but I cannot remember you ever having posted anything of value or noteworthy. It's not news that he also made some smaller donations to the Republicans. That's noted. He also bribed the Bahamas police force with laptops.

None of that somehow invalidates the other facts. So, again - what is your point, kid?

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What do you think I meant with two parties, holy sh**.

9. adoo

adoo Member

now the willfully ignorant one is back-pedaling.

ATW, your source made it sound like it's only the Dems; your source lied when he convenient claimed that he had looked into the full story. he intentionally ommitted to mention that the GOP had also received donation

proof of your willful ignorance, basing your argument on a sleigh-of-hand / half-assed reporting​

#89 adoo, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not that I'm not interested in the details, but I'm by default very skeptical of conspiracy theories based on loose connection and I'm simply not going to waste my time muddling through those (anyone want to do that - have a go at it). I summarized it to what I understood so far. So, what is the conspiracy related to the SEC chair?

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

@adoo is a clown. He is one of two CFBBS economic experts. Awesome trader who hits 100% of his trades. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost half his wealth in Celsius and the other half in FTX.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

deleted

13. adoo

adoo Member

14. Space Ghost

Again, less about the 'conspiracy theory' and more about all the bizarre connections with all the dim-wit and greedy people of prominence that allowed him to perpetuate this scam. It highlights the corruption, not just only in the CeFi and DeFi, but across the board. The various threads to this story are not tied into each other directly (which would imply 'conspiracy').

Gary Gensler is very well versed in cryptocurrency/bitcoin so its not a surprise he is not involved in this (i would be surprised if he wasn't). He has a lot of pressure to regulate the industry but this type of regulation takes years. The whole Ripple battle is still being fought years later in the courts. Of course Scam Bankman Fried would frequently be on Genslers doorstep. The question is how much did Gensler know about everything going on. Its his job to know. Did he completely and incompetently fail or did CZ/Biance rug pull FTX before Gensler could reign this nonsense in?

durvasa likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

DonnyMost likes this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

https://fortune.com/2022/11/10/sam-...-biden-democratic-party-second-biggest-donor/

That’s a lot of wealth destroyed, leaving the crypto future uncertain, but it’s also potentially awkward for Democrats, who have drawn huge donations from crypto figures while taking tentative steps toward regulating the space this year. Bankman-Fried was a major donor to President Joe Biden in the 2020 election and is the primary donor to the Protect Our Future PAC, the political action committee which endorsed Democratic candidates such as Peter Welch, who this week won his bid to become Vermont’s next senator, and Robert J. Menendez of New Jersey, whosecured a House seat.

Some Democrats are weighing in on the problems at FTX.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said that “prudent regulation of cryptocurrencies is indeed needed” and the Biden admin and relevant government agencies will monitor the situation as it develops, adding that cryptocurrencies affect everyday Americans.

On Wednesday evening, Democratic senator Elizabeth Warren tweeted, “The collapse of one of the largest crypto platforms shows how much of the industry appears to be smoke and mirrors. We need more aggressive enforcement and I’m going to keep pushing @SECGov to enforce the law to protect consumers and financial stability.”

So, whatever shady/illegal thing that SBF or FTX was involved in — how were Democratic Party officials also involved?

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you think you posted something new - it has been known for a long time that he also made some donations to the Republicans - it was also already posted in another thread. This is not some super exciting smoking gun.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So.... I came into this thread late obviously, and just by skimming through at a high level.... just so we are clear.... this is just another infowars level conspiracy theory about the deep state, underground manipulate of money, and the usual sex orgies right???? And since there's money and deep state involved, I would assume some light anti-Semitism sprinkled in.

Alot of people put money in crypto the fast few years, but in the end everyone knew they were just putting money into the cost of air. Alot of people have now lost a ton of money, and because the veil has been lifted a bit, the future for crypto is bleak.

What am I missing here?? What does this have to do with Democratic policies in the US?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

People have a really hard time grasping this.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

between elon twitterplosion the red wavelet, and the cryptopocalypse, it's been a tough week for the online edgelord community.

Thoughts & prayers.

Rashmon and Xopher like this.