1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Forrest Whitley Era Begins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Can’t imagine he doesn’t get called up and Contreras and maybe dubin get sent down- for too many pitches even if not ineffectiveness.

Stephen66 and AznH-TownFan like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, about time to give dumbass another chance, he seems to be next in line for the bullpen scrub rotation.

Stephen66 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  3. Screaming Fist

They need to do whatever it is they have to do to ensure guys like Montero and Contreras never pitch for this team again. Whitley is probably one answer.

4. verse

verse Member

With as much time and effort as has been put into Whitley, I don't know how they don't put him out there. His stuff is A+ but his head and body don't cooperate. Maybe time with real major leaguers will unlock something special or at least, serviceable. Then again, maybe his pigheadedness destroys our current successful chemistry. So who knows, but I'm willing to try it. If it doesn't work... cue Robert Ford. SEE YOU LATER!!!

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

That clubhouse is as fortified as it comes. If he wants to act like a little piss ant, hed get lined out pretty quick. Consider me on the 'lets try' wagon. We need to get something out of him for hemming up a roster spot for so long.

6. raining threes

He's been so disappointing.

I expected Whitley to be the next great Stros pitcher. Then I realized he wasn't listening to Strom.

7. Radricky

Radricky Member

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

He can't be worse than Contreras, Dubin, Hernandez, and Montero...

9. PhiSlammaJamma

We just bought Whitley a Life Alert Button too.

10. Buck Turgidson

JV, Whitley and McCullers...

I'll believe it when It see it.