1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Force Awakens Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Dec 7, 2015.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

10 days out.....lets have some speculation as to who some of these characters are. There are no spoilers here as it is pure speculation.

Would be interesting to see who was right after viewing the film.

Here are a few of mine:

1) Snoke is Darth Plagieus - makes sense in his research and potential ability to resurrect others and potentially himself from the dead.

2) Rey and Dameron are brother and sister. I could see these two potentially being force sensitive "Solo" twins.

3) Kylo Ren is Luke's Son? This could potentially clarify his obsession with Vader, whom would be his estranged Grandfather. Maybe maybe no?

What say the rest of you?

God I love Star Wars....

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Only question I have is.... do I need to have watched those 3 "prequel" episodes going into this new one?

I sure freaking hope not. I've only seen the old original 3, and haven't gone back and watched them in years. Am I going to be lost you guys think?

I could care less to learn a who new batch of characters unless they are heavily tied back in with the original story.

3. cwebbster

Well I would advise you to at least watch Revenge of the Sith. There may be something in that one that may be relative to this one, especially if Plagieus is Snoke.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'll stay out of this thread...don't want to hit a prequel spoiler. I've been happy to have avoided spoilers, whether by speculation or leaks. I have my tickets to see it at IMAX in San Antonio on the 22nd!

5. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

[Geek talk]

I think Snoke being Darth Plagueis would be awesome.
    Kylo Ren and Rey are probably twins or at least siblings, the kids of Han Solo and Leia. Because of Leia, both are force sensitive.
    Either Han or Finn dies at the hands of Kylo Ren. Probably Han.
    Luke probably won't show up until the end of the movie which is why he hasn't been in any of the trailers or TV spots.
    I can't see Luke having any kids. Even though he didn't grow up with Jedi teaching I believe that he will have taken Obi-wan and Yoda's route of not having a wife or kids.
    R2D2 and CP3O have not been heavily featured and BB8 certainly has, so I really don't see room for the originals being a big part of the story.
    Despite popular belief and everything I've heard otherwise, I truly do believe that the prequels will play a part into this trilogy. Whether it be through Plagueis or Darth Jar Jar or something no one has thought of, you don't just throw away an entire trilogy's worth of content, no matter how unpopular they were.

Leading up to and after watching the first two or so trailers, I honestly was not very interested in this franchise coming back. I was ok with the prequels so that didn't have anything to do with my indifference, I think that the choice to erase the expanded universe turned me off to the new braintrust. The more I see, however, the more geeky-excited I'm getting. The fresh faces seem like great successors to their original counterparts, Oscar Isaac is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, and we know what JJ Abrams can do with a huge franchise (whatever faults one may think that he has). I am supremely excited for this installment and every one that follows, including the spinoffs.

May the Force be with you all!

[/geek talk]

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

-I believe Dameron has a connection with the force. Good or Bad though is the question.

7. Rocket_Man_2.0

8. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

This movie will be amazing. I do believe that Ren and Luke had some kind of relationship before Ren went to the dark side. Maybe that's why Luke is in hiding ala obi wan

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

My guess:

Kylo is Han/Leas son and he will kill Han.

Rey is Lukes daughter.

10. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Force Awakens Plot revealed!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MoX3JT76zhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Kylo and Rey are twins.

Luke is in hiding in a remote island. Only shows up in the end when Rey gives him his light saber.

No one knows of the force or Jedi. They are almost fairy tale lore.

The movie stars when Luke's light saber falls out of the sky comes into possession of Poe Dameron. He hides it within BB8 and he's captured by the First Order where Kylo uses the force on him t reveal where it is.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Luke is the father.

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Based on Andy Serkis' personality I can very well see him being Plagueis.

I also believe that Darth Krayt or the Eternal Empire will be introduced at some point in the trilogy.

14. cwebbster

Can't believe its finally here!!!! T-minus 3 days!

15. cwebbster

Starting to believe this guy might be the winner.

16. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

No. They are twins of Han and Leia.

All Star Wars mirror each other. And the TV spots confirm Han and Rey are related.

http://youtu.be/RU-s_HAEwsg

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My four year old nephew was at my house the other day, and I asked him what he wanted to watch.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/JJ-Abrams-Talks-About-Rey-Parents-Star-Wars-40957857

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

20. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Abrams has already backtracked on those comments...

Link:
    http://www.newsarama.com/28889-abrams-walks-back-the-force-awakens-reys-parents-comments.html