1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Final moves to complete roster....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Coca Cola Scola

Rebounding may be one of the few things Foster is good at, but he sure is exceptionally good at it.

04-05 9.1 rebounds in only 26.1 minutes per game.
    05-06 9.2 rebounds in only 25.1 minutes per game.
    06-07 8.1 rebounds in only 23.2 minutes per game.

Per 48 minutes, Foster is 3rd in the league above such notables as Tim Duncan, Marcus Camby, Ben Wallace, KG, Boozer.... Foster out-chucks Chuck. We have like 10 scorers already who demand the ball...its ok if we have one guy to go and grab some rebounds and 2nd possessions. Of course, I would love to get Haslem too, but I don't know why Riley would trade his starting power forward especially when Haslem is one of his favorite players. We still have gotten a reliable source to back up the Haslem rumor.

I also kind of want to keep Head. He's a dam good shooter...one of the two or three best on the team...I wouldn't want to give him away unless it was a really good deal. Trade Alston for a power forward or 1st round pick. Trade Lucas, Snyder, and maybe Butler for second round picks or expiring contracts.

2. rice

rice Contributing Member

tracy is a natural 3.
    and we have a glut of undersized 2s, i.e. james, sf3 etc.
    you don't have to worry about that.

i see bonzi as a legit 2 guard (6'5),
    and james/sf3 can sub him at the 2 while share minutes at the 1 (with mcgrady facilitating the point duty)

3. battousai

battousai Member

JL3, Alston, Reed, Synder, Sura should go out as trades to net us a backup at SF, draft picks, and a shooter.

Ming/Butler/Mutombo
    Scola/Hayes/landry
    Battier/Novak
    TMAC/Wells/Head
    Francis/James/Brooks

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If..........................we are able to shovel Rafer, Luther, Sura, and whatever off to Denver for Camby....................

then

we should challenge the Bulls for most wins in a season.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I hate to tell you this guys but no western conference team is going to trade us a big guy. Butler and Scola were the exception. There is no way that Denver gives us Camby.

Now an eastern conference team might do a trade that gives us someone big, but wishing for camby is a pipedream.

6. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

He is correct.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That's what I'm afraid of. At this point, I can't see any Western team helping us get a stronger at the PF position no matter how good the trade is for them. Equal value trades are out of the question because it's helping us build something that they may fear to face x times. Even if we added 1st round picks, I doubt they'd help us.

That's why I think we have to look to the east for help. The problem there is that the east isn't exactly stacked with good pfs.

Though I'd try to get Camby, I would be surprised if they didn't hang up on me no matter what I offered or how they would benefit.

8. Fuse

Fuse Member

If only... Camby is not as far fetched because we do have the contracts to match his value, its just whether or not we have something on the table for him.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

that doesn't mean much in itself. rockets can match salary for any player in the league right now.

anyway, rockets need to cut salary, denver needs to cut salary. they're just not an ideal trading partner at this time. also denver's gm needs to go crazy enough to give away the dpoy for scrubs.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I don't know if we can trade Butler and Reed, who we've just recently acquired via trade. Does anyone know the answer?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

They can be traded in one for one trades anytime. They can't be included in a package until a later date. Reed in August and Butler in September.

Pre-season training won't start until October anyway. So there's nothing much in the way for Morey to agree to a delayed trade if he wants to package them in a trade.

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i can't believe ppl think we can actually get Rasheed....put the crack pipe down paleez.

13. zong

zong Member

Jeff Foster is just one we want, get rebounds and guard Broozer or Duncan for 20 min. This team are ready for a title if we have this kind of PF.

14. rice

rice Contributing Member

i concur!

luther+RA+sura+reed for foster and D.Granger! :D

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i dont understand why people want to get rid of guys at the end of the bench for second round picks.

its called having depth. i know its not something the rockets are used to, but you are supposed to have good players who aren't even in the rotation in case of and injury, maybe? what are the chances of anyone on the rockets getting injured and adelman having to go deep into his bench? pretty damn good.

lets keep the depth.

rafer needs to be moved, thats for sure. foster would be excellent. if they want to throw in luther then lets get a future first rounder for him. afterall, shooting is at a premium right now in the league.

yao-scola-butler
    foster-hayes-landry
    shane-novak-reed
    tmac-bonzi-snyder
    steve-james-brooks

when yao comes out, scola can be the low post scorer. foster and hayes are rebounders. james subs at the 1 and 2. bonzi at the 2 and 3. and our third string looks great too!

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

DO NOT TRADE HEAD! DO NOT TRADE HEAD!!!

Bonzi should go WELL before Head does.

17. rice

rice Contributing Member

head sucks.
    he's not even that good at 3 ptrs! (choked in the playoff!)

18. drich

drich Member

TO HELL WITH HEAD CAN ONLY DO ONE THING AND ISN'T REALLY GOOD AT IT SHANE IS A BIGGER AND BETTER HEAD SO TRADE HIM BEFORE THE LEAGUE FIGURES THIS OUT ALSO.

19. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

I agree with SuperMarioBro (not because of his awesome name) but seriously, DO NOT TRADE HEAD! You guys forgot the guy is only entering his 3rd year right now. He can still improve, and yea he choked in the playoffs but come on, how many 2nd year role players do you see not choking in the playoffs? Especially when our coach had such a crappy offensive scheme. Give Head time to develop.

Going back to Foster, I know I might get superflamed for this, but what if we trade Alston + Hayes for Haslem+something? That wouldn't be too bad now that we have Scola to backup the PF position. Or even Hayes+JL3+whoever for Foster? Too lazy to do the salary matching thing right now, but would people be ok with trading Hayes for Foster/Haslem now that we have Scola?

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

How could Francis be the starting Point Guard? The reason we traded him was because he was reluctant to pass the ball to Yao Ming!
    James is a selfish shoot first Guard, so what do we do?