1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Final moves to complete roster....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Jul 19, 2007.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Alston/Head/Landry

for

Etan Thomas/2 2nd's
    ---------------------
    Lucas

for

Future 2nd
    --------------------

James/Francis
    TMac/Bonzi/Snyder
    Battier/Novak
    Thomas/Scola/Hayes
    Yao/Thomas

Harris/Butler/Brooks

Might have to make another deal later to add a shooter.

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i don't know...

FOSTER?

just not impressed with the guy...

3. superden

superden Contributing Member

In the News 2 interview with TMAC he says we need a big man who can grab boards and play D... that sounds exactly like Jeff Foster.

4. tested911

tested911 Member

The final trade should be

Rafer Alston + Luther Head for Udonis Haslem

Rafer is the PG they are needing and Luther can help them spread the floor with his %3pt shooting (4th best in the league).

Udonis is the PF we crave... He averages over 8 RPG and 10+ pts.. He is a workhorse underneath the basket and is a rebounding jugernaut :) Calls only 30 min a gamin.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Francis James Brooks | Alston Lucas Sura
    McGrady Bonzi Head
    Battier Snyder Reed Harris
    Scola Hayes Landry Novak
    Yao Deke Butler

Keeping in mind Adelman has said he sees Bonzi as a two not a three.

Not many names behind Battier. Maybe Snyder+Reed+draft rights to Landry for a S&T involving Pietrus or Barnes neither of those guys look like they're getting offered the full MLE and Rockets need to get someone to at least act as a speedbump against Josh Howard.

I'd still like to see PJ brown on the roster to consolidate depth at PF.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Pietrus is going to the mavs in a SnT probably for the whole MLE. We dont need anymore 2/3 people.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i have no problem with foster but i'm much more interested in this haslem rumor as he can rebound and hit the mid-range jumper.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

doesn't riley have a rep for getting the upperhand in trades? i don't want the possibility of 'toine somehow joining the rockets instead.

9. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Is foster a good man to man defender?

People like Haslem and Chuck hayes can chase around the likes of KG and Nowitzki and boozer.

Foster, imo, is redundant because any slow big that he can defend Yao can also defend; its the smaller faster ones we have trouble containing.

Haslem would be a better fit due to his quickness, toughness, and midrange shooting.

10. AMD

AMD Member

I really don't understand even starting this thread. And this is why.

1. The Rockets won 52 games last year but we still can't get out of the first round. So everyone gets uptight demanding upgrades.
    2. The Rockets draft Brooks when we already have enough PGs and everybody rips Morey and Rockets. Everybody's in love with him by the end of summer league.
    3. Everybody wanted a PF more able than Chuck Hayes and Juwan Howard were last year. The Rockets draft Landry who is more able and trade for Scola who is more able. And get a nice addition in Jackie Butler.
    4. The Rockets get a most-improved team in the offseason nod from ESPN.
    5. Francis gets bought out by the Blazers and then a lot of people want him. The Rockets go out and get him.

Now I know there are some more trades in the works because we have to dwindle the roster down but we really don't need anybody else. You're not gonna have a whole team of NBA All-Stars. The truth is...it just seems like nobody can be satisfied.

11. kingkow

kingkow Member

The team really lacked some pass first guy..hope mike and steve can do such a thing

12. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Right on. This is the exact way I hope it falls. I think we should make a move to get Foster one way are another the man is a beast on the boards.

13. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

That is why I want to keep Alston. The boy can handle the rock

14. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Sura???

15. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

Hmm. About a week ago I woulda said go for trading Alston for Haslem. But some of you reminded me that Foster is all we need. He doesn't needa score very much, just rebound and defend, just like T-Mac said in his interview today. And I remember when in fantasy leagues, that Foster would always pull down 10 boards a game or something to go along with only 6 points. But hey, that's all we need.

But ... I uno. There's something bout Luther that I just don't wanna give him up, but it may be necessary to be a more complete team since Luther will struggle for minutes anyway.

16. blueoctopus

blueoctopus Member

I wonder if there is any room on that roster for Mike Harris....the dude can play, maybe even better than the Chuckwagon

17. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I do remember Haslem putting Dirk under the clamps a few times in the finals.

18. rvpals

rvpals Member

Morey is doing a great job.

Is there anyway we could rob the Bucks and get Yi? We will get a scoring PF that can create his own shot, and play with toughness.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sorry but I think there are more trades to be made before we can see the final roster. :p

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Francis is not starting at PG.