1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Final moves to complete roster....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Jul 19, 2007.

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Head/Reed for Foster
    JL3 for cash
    Alston for 1st round draft pick (Heat/Clippers)

Ming/Butler/Mutombo
    Scola/Foster/Hayes
    Battier/Synder/Novak
    TMAC/Wells/Sura
    Francis/James/Brooks

We get the rebounder/defender (that TMAC mentioned in the frnacis vid) in Foster

That roster looks ready for a run at the championship! :)

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

i'm not entirely comfortable with snyder as battier's backup, but then again jvg isn't the coach anymore.

3. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

wut bout landry?

4. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Destination: NBDL

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

rebounding big remains unfilled.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sign KG?! I can't take much more; this offseason has become surreal. Morey is a keeper.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

8. dealmaker

dealmaker Member

Foster who? Please not Jeff Foster from the Pacers. Chuck is a better version of him.

9. slickricky

TMAC can always move to the 3 when Wells is at the two or wells can move to the 3 but he is more affective at the 2.... with that synder will play that spot for maybe 10 mins at the most

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I don't know much about Foster...only that he is VERY good at rebounding. Any Pacer followers care to shed more light on Foster?

I think Haslem would be the perfect fit for the Rockets...Miami has lost out on point guard after point guard...maybe a deal involving Rafer and Luther?

I would like to see either of the following three involved in the trading away of the glut guards...

Haslem
    Foster
    Turkoglu
    Pietrus

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jeff Foster has been one of the best rebounders of the last decade. His Rebound-Rate is always amongst the league leaders. He's exactly the kind of big that Morey would be looking to acquire.

12. slickricky

I like Haslem but i would rather have Foster because he is 6-11 and can play the 4 and the 5

13. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

Please explain yourself.

14. AMD

AMD Member

I'm a somewhat Pacers follower...unfortunately following into a low, low point. You're correct sir, he can rebound and defend. However, he doesn't do anything else. Can't shoot, can't dribble, can't do much of anything except rebound and play defense. Hey, if that's all we need then go for it.

15. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Foster? yeah, he's servicable. Any chance we could get the Pacers to part with Danny Granger?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

In one of the games against the Rockets last year he was eating up the glass... every time they had the ball he was pulling consecutive offensive rebounds... too bad it was in the dying minutes in the 4th qtr and he basically lost the game for them cause he couldn't even hit a single shot 5ft away from the basket after repeated attempts.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Foster is a terrible offensive player, but a beast on the boards. I think I'd love to have him to contrast with Scola.

18. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

What do we need at the 4 position? Rebounding and protecting the paint right? If that's all we need then Foster is our man. Tmac himself emphasized rebounding in that interview with Francis coming to Houston. Foster is one of the best at that. Think of him as a 6'11 Chuck Hayes.

19. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Foster gets 9 rebounds in 28 minutes of play. Hello?

20. rocketsmetalspd

Foster will be a great addition to the Rockets. Like T-Mac said in the video interview the team needs a rebounder at PF. The team already has enough scorers.