1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The final D-Mo preseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Oct 26, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Morey runs the Rockets. If a steal like your Monroe example shows up you can expect him to pull that trigger.

I am less enthused about trading Asik this season. His RAPM is so much higher than Horford's I cannot see Morey going for that trade.

And needless to say, I am not for trading D-Mo at all. He has a very good chance to become an all star in a couple of years. And he costs almost nothing to keep around. Jones and Smith are much more likely to be traded.

2. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I feel bad for TJ, he is quickly approaching the end of his honeymoon period with the rockets and was limited through injury for the preseason
    (only performed well in summer league, does that really count?)

Meanwhile DMo is solidly developing, when he gets in the paint its almost always a conversion. His defense seems to have improved to the point where at least he doesn't get lost on rotation and his rebounding seems to have improved slightly

An all-star? I don't see it in our system of 3pt or paint, i look to players like Love as successful models and DMo doesn't seem to have the engine to effect the boards enough..
    Maybe Morey will allow midrange shots this, and following, seasons? if so i think DMo's all-star chances greatly improve

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would not be looking to trade dmo if at all possible. Bigs that run well, and can get their shot in the post are a good commodity. If he ever settles down and becomes consistent from the outside and improves his defense he could be really good. He had tons of potential and he's already good enough for spot duty.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Folks forget fast how good Tjones was at the end of last season.
    The guy has the longer arms than Motiejunas and is almost 2 years younger.

His preseason was meh but wasn't all bad. Regarding his injury.
    I would understand it if we don't need his services any longer.

Landry, Patterson have developed even better once they left Houston.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is Clutchfans. Of course there will be subjective comments.
    You are one of the more reasonable guys here on board and credit to your posts.

@PF spot: I am not asking much. Just try to retain one guy that has already developed into a reliable guy.
    Hope they put more value at the 4 spot as they did when we had Scola.

Happened before and will happen again. Unless he corrects it and bring home another Scola.