1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Facts and Fictions of Tea Partying

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

You never actually provide examples of your "buds," so how are we supposed to believe they represent a broad spectrum. What does this spectrum encompass? Hair color? Freckles and no freckles? What is this spectrum?

And you'll never be taken seriously because of the simple fact that this is only happening now and not during previous administrations. You can't just keep telling us that "I didn't know" back then. That's straight up BULLS**T. Only the willfully ignorant don't know what kind of spending was going on. It's not hidden. Especially in this century where information travels faster than ever. So how are people who didn't know what was going on before suddenly educated? How are people who didn't understand suddenly experts?

The fact that you always lean on the "I didn't know" or the kettle reaching it's boiling point metaphor makes me want to listen even less. "I didn't know," well why in the hell didn't you know? "I wasn't angry enough yet," well why weren't you angry back then? Why should I pay attention to you when you weren't even paying attention to your own country?

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Pissed off white people are not a protected class.

3. thumbs

thumbs Member

Then don't listen (or read). You shouldn't feel compelled to take me seriously. I don't take you seriously.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

I'm always listening and always reading. That's why I can see right through the Tea Parties and 9/12. Piggy backing on 9/11, shameful.

5. thumbs

thumbs Member

So we have a protected class or classes? Aside from pols, who are they?

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

You're letting your newfound interest in politics and your lack of fundamental political knowledge betray you.

Look up the Civil Rights Act of 1964. There are several other similar laws.

Each enumerate several protected classes.

You may not agree with those selections.

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Great job of being "committed to talking to each other and finding common ground". NOW we see the truth about tea bagging.

You started this thread trying to defend the teabag movement, but you've illustrated everything that's wrong with the teabag movement: misinformation, distortion of fact, F.U.D., and an unwillingness to distance yourself from those who perpetuate the outright lies that have been spread about the current health care reform efforts by Democrats. Again, why do you keep aligning yourself with those who would intentionally spread deceit?

8. Refman

Refman Member

The liberals have jobs and families just like the conservatives.

You and basso fail to understand the basic concept that if you hurl insults around, you aren't likely to help your movement.

As a conservative that would like to see conservatives win an election again in my lifetime, I implore you to cease and desist at once.

1 person likes this.
  9. thumbs

thumbs Member

In 1964 we were arguing those very laws in my high school debate class. Although I discover something new in politics every day of my life, I am hardly a stranger to Democratic or Republican politics, in both of which I have toiled at various levels. The rights of minorities are protected, not a class of people. Actually, in America we technically should not be sorted into any "class" standing.

10. thumbs

thumbs Member

As I admitted earlier, I have little patience with those who want to quarrel but all the time in the world for those who want to argue. Read my sig.

11. thumbs

thumbs Member

Concur.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Hilarious. Your entire "movement" is engaged in nothing so much as the "pursuit of deception."

You are fast becoming a parody of yourself.

13. thumbs

thumbs Member

Obviously you have no factual argument and have returned to bomb throwing. You contribute nothing constructive to this dialogue. Please return to your thread.

14. conquistador#11

It's difficult for me to understand how one can be hispanic and actually defend people like joe wilson. People that think that illegal immigrants should be excluded from everything, like if we were animals. And it's people like wilson that are leading and sponsoring these awesome tea parties.

And why name this movement after the boston tea party? It's offensive to the revolution of 1776! A good example of the boston tea party would be... when the people of guatemala sabotaged the united fruit company. I bet Samuel adams would have given those guatemalans a round of applause and some cider. This "tea party" is a joke, considering all the money spent on war.

Remember that there is no such thing as a free MRE.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He is. That's part of what this health care bill is about. He mentions it in every speech about health care.

What's troublesome is that vocal opponents of the health care like you, and other teabaggers don't know this about the bill. That's where I have the problem. people are fighting against something they don't really know about. Not only are they fighting against it, they are talking about bringing weapons and spilling blood if things don't change.

Tell me, would you approve of the Black Panthers bringing weapons to civil rights marches? What do you think would have happened if that were the case?

16. mateo

mateo Member

Its called Guilianing.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

It's peculiar that you're actively involved in this movement yet you don't know:
    • the details involved in the current healthcare reform plan. Despite claims of it being "rushed" there's a lot to work with...and hate.
    • the pros/cons to the alternatives you bring forth (more details)
    • pros/cons of other countries that were forced to enact health reform due to economic and moral pressures (yet more details)
    Knowing these takes time. There's a lot of sources for research on the left and right. Heritage and Cato offer conservative and libertarian viewpoints.

That would be the starting point for any political group to organize and filter out the crazies.
    • Know what you want (the ideal)
    • Know what the system can't offer (the real)
    • Offer credible goals that the system is able to offer with reasonable targets. (path towards an ideal realized)

Because right now your movement looks like Woodstock without the drugs, sex, music or naked women.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

You are smart. Health care reform isn't about intelligence, it's about lobbyists and special interest groups.

I don't buy they are of a braod political and social range. The views they express are pretty much right-wing nut. You don't see any liberals calling themselves tea-baggers, and nor do you see any moderates. I don't see a latino representation either.

What I do see is a bunch of guys who misrepresent the truth and demonstrate a poor understanding of our history and of reality. They are simply wrong on many of the points they are contending...and they are uniting issues that are completely unrelated all in the aims of attacking our current president.

It's disingenuous.

19. thumbs

thumbs Member

This is a salient and insightful observation that deserves a detailed response. I have friends coming over shortly to watch the Longhorns, and I don't want to dismiss your response with a short, flippant answer.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Hispanics in the U.S. are often the most against illegal immigration. Think about it. Illegal immigrants give Hispanics a bad name.