1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Facts and Fictions of Tea Partying

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I would just like to say that I have changed my stance and now whole-heartedly support and encourage these Tea Parties. You go thumbs!

[​IMG]

2. glynch

glynch Member

Duplicate

#522 glynch, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. glynch

glynch Member

I would like to know if the tea baggers have figured out that more tax breaks for folks making a couple of hundred of thousands per year and an increase in things like college tuitions for their kids doesn't make them actually more "free" or better off with their $30 to $40 k salaries.

Do they still think that with $30k to $40k they would all be millionaires if they did not have to pay social security taxes? Would they be more free if the government had not loosened the regulations so that they don't have pensions?
    Would they be more free if the laws weren't changed so that it was harder for them to have unions with the resulting better benefits?

I realize they are hurting and pissed off, but when are they going to wise up?

Maybe this is just a transition away from being fooled by the GOP of Reagan and the Bushes? A realization that being pissed off due to civil rights or gays or immigrants or abortion is no reason to vote for the fat cats of the GOP leadership?

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.radicalsruiningmycountry.com/

[rquoter]

[​IMG]

From the author of the bestselling Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!, Katharine DeBrecht, comes Help! Mom! Radicals Are Ruining My Country! - a hilarious and entertaining way for parents to sit down with their children and teach them the origins of the new Tea Party movement and the importance of standing up for liberty and the American Dream.

[/rquoter]

via boing boing -> Conservative children's book vilifies Nancy Pelosi

I remember briefly flipping through the "pledge" thread and reading that some people were upset at parents indoctrinating their children with political beliefs. I'm sure the same people will not hesitate to denounce this, right?

And I would love to see Thumbs explain how this fits in with the "nonpartisan ethos" of the Tea Party movement.

5. mc mark

mc mark Member

Ah man! I'm totally bummed!

Apparently the Virginia tea baggers have had second thoughts and called off burning Perriello and Pelosi in effigy.

misinterpreted something we thought would be a little historical lesson?

and what might that lesson be freak?