1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Eyes of Texas Problem

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by don grahamleone, Oct 23, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. raining threes

Good for Colt

The last team that wasn't coddled.

Uprising likes this.
  3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Once again, you don't know **** about ****. I was at UT as the same time as Colt and can confirm without a doubt that the team was coddled. As could anyone who actually went to UT and knew players, has been inside their facilities etc.

Maybe spend more time posting about your own Alma mater so your post are actually informed.

4. raining threes

I'm posting about my brothers Alma Mater.

I do have met quite a few influential alums through my brother. Great Guys, this was their opinions and I trust their opinions much more than I do yours.

5. Buck Turgidson

I am an alum. Why do you not trust my opinion more than...?

Brando2101 likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

You should have seen the "coddled" football players in the early Mackovic 90's. I was a freshman on the 3rd floor of Jester West, the football guys had the floor of Jester East. We met in the elevators and stairwells and such and became friends, then we started trading pot for steaks, beer for shrimp/lobster/whole roasted chickens.

"Coddled" is a nice way to put how those guys lived.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He sat out the title game for a stubbed toe to ensure he didn't hurt his AMAZING draft stock. Coddled. Lulz.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I once dated a girl in high school who ended up going to A&M. I think that makes me qualified to voice very strong opinions on their Sul Ross statue.

9. Buck Turgidson

This is dumb even for a sheeploving dogworshipper. Interesting that there's one inside the loop, that's more of a Katy thing, I'd think. Oh, and Buzbee. You and Buzbee.

10. raining threes

Because I dont know you.

I tend to trust family more than internet family.

11. raining threes

Yes they were coddled when Mackovic was here.

BTW, There's no Eyes of Texas problem, some cant see what the real problem is because they have far to many snowflakes in their eyes. It clouds their vision.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You say dumber stuff about the Aggies, if anything, this is YOUR fault. You created this ISIS.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Brando2101

So they were coddled by Mackovic, uncoddled by Mack and then Mack recoddled them after losing the championship game to Alabama because....why? Do you see why that sounds that you, your brother and your brother's friends don't know **** about football?

*too

rockbox likes this.
  14. raining threes

When Mack came in he recruited his a** of and set a winning culture. After winning the national championship he started taking it easy. You know this, kept his buddy Davis on the staff etc....

15. Brando2101

Colt McCoy was the QB at Texas up to 4 years after the championship win. So to summarize your position, Colt's team wasn't coddled despite Mack starting to take it easy 4 years prior. Then for...reasons... after losing the championship Mack started to coddle his players. Honestly, do you know anything about Texas football? Are you just here to b**** about black people speaking out against what they feel are racist traditions which threatens you somehow as a white man? It's no wonder you would rather see our football team shut down than give up the eyes: you don't know **** about the program and have no connection to the school. Just go away dude. Quit embarrassing yourself.

BMoney, mtbrays and rockbox like this.
  16. raining threes

Yes he started coddling them after he won the championship, even though they made it to another championship game. They were that talented. The rest of your post I'm not going to dignify with a response.

The Eyes of Texas isn't going anywhere. You either need to deal with it or move on.

17. Brando2101

This
    is the opposite of this

jiggyfly and mtbrays like this.
  18. raining threes

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. The coddling only got worse as time went on.

19. Brando2101

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the team that scraped out a Big 12 title against Nebraska and damn near pulled a rabbit out of its hat after Colt went down in the first quarter against Alabama really lacked drive and determination. Don’t even mention the team that lost to Tech in Lubbock on an all-time TD and finished in a three-way tie for the Big 12 title.

Dear Lord.

Brando2101 likes this.