1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Enigma: James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

In all the years I've watched NBA basketball, I'm having difficulty remembering a player like James Harden.

A player that is MVP caliber, has at times shown himself to be one of the most brilliant players in league history and yet also...

...disappears at times. Seems to sulk. Lacks energy. Points fingers. Lacks urgency.

I'm not used to seeing a player this talented with these types of traits. To get to be a player that can truly be associated with GREATNESS, I can't see how you can have these traits.

When you think of the greats...MVP caliber players...is there anyone in league history like this?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo. :grin:

3. TheresTheDagger

Rondo was never considered a real MVP candidate, although I agree he's probably the closest type of player.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Funny how when I said this 3 years ago I got flamed. The precise reason that it was valid then and is valid now is because that is just who he is. Attitude and character don't just change overnight. His increased defensive effort last season was merely to shake off shame from a video created by a clutchfanner. Now that he did that and was up in the MVP race, he is satisfied. That hunger is not within him.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Harden wouldn't be an MVP candidate in any era other todays soft era.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

BTW to answer the question, Tracy McGrady or Steve Francis. Harden is another Tmac but at half of his physical talent and skill.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This isn't the real Harden. It's that vile manbeast Kardashian that has latched onto him like a succubus. Now he's stuck in a love triangle with a man in a coma. What a disaster.

Watching Harden on the court this year reminds me of Richie (Luke Wilson) from Royal Tenenbaums after his sister gets married. I have a feeling that at some point this year we might be saying the exact words below:

[​IMG]

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I've said recently, I've lost respect for Harden. If all of this doesn't wake him up, he can go too with his diva butt. The other franchises in the city have much better faces in Watt and Correa.

9. chandlerbang21

Damn LOLOL

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think we need more Harden threads

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Funny, but I seem to recall a similar player that played for the Houston Rockets...yes, Tracy McGrady lol

12. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

man we really do like to crap on our own. Short memories we all have. I don't think his effort is acceptable, but the next 8 game streak where he averages 30 you will all be on his D

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sources: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/18/report-rockets-players-frustrated-by-james-hardens-play-and-aloofness/

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I love Harden and T-Mac, but many characterize T-Mac the same way that OP characterized Harden (not saying I totally agree with the analysis, especially on Harden's behalf).

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Melo, TMac, VC etc.

16. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Harden has always been overrated. All he does is stick his arms up and have the refs bail him out. He's not half the player Kd, Westbrook, lbj, melo, curry, none of them. Time to trade him for some picks.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Ironic, you have him as your username! and he does far more than Melo, please never watch basketball