1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Effect of Harden Sags High

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jan 23, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

better than turnovers

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Just wanted to jump in to say that 4x4 is more beneficial to the offense than 5x5. From experience.

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

We'll we've seen the answer quite easily today with Milwaukee.
    You go down and squeeze the paint, when you see Harden comes from behind you go strong after him to contest his shots. It's all about effort.
    In the Playoffs teams will make that extra effort.
    Obviously staying away from the play is not a real solution.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're not very smart are you? I don't think I saw Houston run one play with Harden sagging off to create 4v4 basketball. You picked out a game where the play was never run. And we scored 114 on them, which is plenty to win most games, they just hit shots at 60% for the game. Try again. Try harder. Don't be desperate. Your reply was desperate.

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

First I don't know why you're being so defensive. No need for that.
    You might be a genius but they absolutely tried, but Milwaukee didn't bight into it. Then you're playing 4 against 5 when your best player is not participating.
    Milwaukee clogged the paint and run hard on the 3 line. They are long and athletic enough to do so.
    Re watch the game and see.
    I just don't think it's a smart basketball play when the other team is actually making an effort. You don't have to agree with me on that.
    I always said I want to see more plays from the elbow using the big guys or even Harden. Dantoni was great at it in Pheonix. We should diversify our offense for sure, but I don't see that 4x4 thing as any real solution.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm quite certain now that you never understood the original post at all. Just leave it buddy. We didn't sag to force 4 on 4. They're not the team to do it against.

7. Nivos

Nivos Member

Hey man, I'm not here to start a fight, don't know why you're taking it so personally.
    Just saying I don't think it was some kind of elaborate plan but a game time situation that Harden read and reacted to, not a game plan or anything.
    He tends to 'sag' or come late into plays a lot to test the defense. But its not any sort of game plan nor should it be in my view.