1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

So you think it is just an attempt to grab assets by the Lakers? How would that help GS, unless they just get lucky and grab Dwight? Jerry West connection maybe?

Curry and Dwight did work out together at UCLA on Monday I believe. But have no idea how close they are.

2. CALI_MOST_WANTD

If he did that I would of been down. Or morey to reach out to us local LA rockets fans to go to the stadium or the meeting spot to show him hey we here and want you in Houston. We will see you play when you come back to town to smash the Lakers.

3. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Be sure to do a video or picture lol. We gotta show our future center love unlike the LA fans.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

There is 2 our future franchise playrs with Harden.

5. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Dwightmare is killing my soul....

6. mmchampionship

so are the chinese fans

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't have any inside infor but this X guy on LG reported the Lakers were on the verge of trading for Dwight before anyone else. So if he says basically that the meeting went wrong and Kobe and that the Lakers are almost 100% sure Kobe is gone and all of a sudden this GS option pops up I got to believe if Howard and GS had such a great meeting they would have gone in that meeting telling Howard this is what we are doing to make it happen. We have these deals in place. But instead they put together a last minute deal because IMO the Lakers are panicking and want something out of it and know Houston doesn't have to give squat. ANd of course this benefits GS because they get Howard the best center in the league. If they can pull of this deal they do it in a second. Unfortunately I think it's just pie in the sky and unnecessary preparationbecause Howard hasn't indicated he would do the deal if it somehow managed to exist.

Again all of this is just my opinion. But if you just put yourself in Dwight's shoes what is the likelier option. GS or Houston. LA vs Houston favors LA so many ways 30 mil more, glame and glitz, movies. The ways it favors Houston are more talented better taxes, better cost of living and with assets that can grow. He loses most of those options with GS and even if you think GS is the more talented team they have to give up at least one of those assets and future picks to get Howard which makes them less talented. Plus Howard has been talking up Houston for a while and Morey seems as confident as has been in a while and so does Hakeem and Parsons. Who from GS have we hard talk about how well their meeting went. Maybe I'm wrong but we I would really be surprised if he picked GS or LA.

I think Howard aleady knows he's coming to Houston and so does Morey and that's why he posted his daughter Howard pitch because it's irrelevant.

#9667 Old Man Rock, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  8. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Curry and Dwight ain't no Parsons and Dwight!

[​IMG]

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Video by Morey, desperation much?

10. jahunter2013

jahunter2013 Member

Hello all. Newbie here but rocket fan of 25 years. I look forward to discussing everything rockets with all of you.:)

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A girl's father has been busy and away due to important business matters. She pokes into what her father is doing to see what has been keeping him busy.

Like many young teenage kids, she wants to help her father and thus makes an unorganized recruitment video hoping it would have an impact.

As Daryl Morey is undoubtedly a good father, he likes their attempt and helps spread the video. Much like how a parent may show off a drawing by their kid, or how famous athletes show off videos of their children playing their sport.

Unless you honestly think Daryl Morey is legitimately hoping his daughter's video will have an impact.

1 person likes this.
  12. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Parsons showing Howard love. See come to Houston Dwight we ready for you to be our center piece to championships and are go to guy in the post! Throw the ball in. You slam it down and when they collapse on you and double team kick it out to your boy Parsons for the buzzer beater win!

Really who wouldn't wanna be apart of this fiesty relentless bunch! We never give up and will always fight until the end! That's our franchise for as long as I can remember it! Ill never forget tmac 13 points in like 30 seconds against San Antonio. We always fight to win as a Franchise Howard. Now be that last puzzle piece to us and complete the picture of us fighting and winning a championship.

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtqB2M-Nr-4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They really should stop letting Mark Schlereth talk about the NBA.

He said something about how Houston isn't really what Dwight may want because they will have to trade some of their players to get them.

WTF are you talking about guy? ESPN is now selling this SnT thing hard huh? Houston doesn't have to lose any of it's core players to take on Dwight, they'd lose a core player to TAKE back another all-star caliber player in Josh Smith...and they can do this I feel without even losing Parsons.

14. CALI_MOST_WANTD

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

1 million views for this thread...

16. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Lol honestly if someone told me to pick between Dwight and Parsons on your team to keep I'd pick Parsons. I like Howard as a player and hope he comes and wouldn't mind josh smith just rather not lose Parsons. Also be nice to keep asik. Lin your s good player but expendable. Understand you got hurt but you cost us points as well and Beverly came in and picked up slack.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Mark Schlereth is the WORST. By far the most awful substitute on Mike and Mike. The guy just sounds like such an arrogant, condescending douchebag.

18. GameChanger

GameChanger Member

d12 for bogut, barnes, draft picks, $3.1 million (most a team can give in trades each year)

lakers then amnesty artest or even bogut to save on the taxes

barnes is on a 3 years and $10 million contract. i think it is worth it. makes sense for warriors and lakers

warriors will compete for the championship the next 3 or 4 years, while the rockets sign j smooth and will win a couple of playoff series the next 4 years. might even make it to 1 western conf final, but thats it

sad, but its better than being fans of the bobcats or kings

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd rather have Dwight, I just go by talent first and hope the attitude won't get in the way of the talent first. But it doesn't matter because the Rockets don't have to get rid of guys to get Dwight.

Also yeah, Mark is pretty horrible. He's been insulting Dwight the entire week.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I would give up

everyone apart from Harden + Parsons

for Dwight Howard and Josh Smith

People, lets not pretend those two players don't have some kind of special relationship that doesn't dictate whether Dwight ends up choosing Houston. In my opinion, its either both or neither at all. Dwight isn't gonna come here without Josh committing as well and Josh's chance of coming here is greatly increased if Dwight decides to come here.

I would give up as many future picks as the trading partners' teams could ever want if we could land Dwight + Josh.

Worry about the rest later ala Miami Heat styles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.