1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Covington!

2. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Lol this guy numbers never lie saying he should stay in LA for the money saying 118 million better than 88 million. Like Chris said what can you do with 118 that you can't with 88 especially when it comes pretty much equal after taxes in California. Sports Center always for Lakers or is it just seem like that to me because I'm in California lol and we have the espn.losangeles lol.

3. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Im a 19 year rockets fan from oakland,ca...:)

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That's the sad state of the media. It's not like he won't get paid in the 5th year somewhere and he is going to play for free. So that is such a mute point. Yes he can get 5 years, but that is no difference than getting 4 years somewhere else and getting a new contract on year 5.

They spin it how they want.

5. Stack24

I understand that but what if their family were Lakers fans that moved to Houston and he grew up a Lakers fan in Houston. So he could have resided in this town all his life, but that doesn't mean he will be a Rockets fan.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There is really no "Asik of PGs" since Asik is valuable because of the rarity of good centers who can protect the rim. Asik may be no superstar but his skills are both rare and useful. PGs of decent quality are much more abundant. Maybe Kyle Lowry is the "Asik of PGs" but you can find decent guys to fill in for him easier than you can get one for Asik.

My guess is that some team will be willing to give up at least a minor asset like a low first round pick for Lin. Has at least some high level skill and was a starter for a 45-win team. Also has some upside still and of course marketing ability. You can get better assets for Asik. Even if Lin has little trade value, you can just use his contract for salary balance and add other assets like draft picks.

Either way, the point is that you may be able to make it happen because these two guys should be fairly liquid assets. If LAL or ATL don't want them, a third team may be able to take them and HOU or such team can then give LA
    /ATL other pieces.

Go to Lakers first, offer him Asik+DMo+picks or Euro stash for example. Then offer Lin+Jones+picks or Euro stash for Smith, maybe with a third team's help in each case.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Which would be worse?

Kid grows up to be laker fan or kid grows up to shun your religion (if you have one)

8. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Exactly. I hate the media here. Ok I understand they gotta go for the home team but they go over board. Announcers are not suppose to be biased. When the Lakers and Rockets game on I won't watch it on Laker network. If I have to ill mute the TV and sometimes I mute it on espn or tnt national games for the same reasons.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

What if everything that's happening now, from the GSW rumors to Morey's daughter video, was a smokescreen for Dallas?!?!?!?!

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Then I would genuinely believe that Dwight is a moron

11. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Lol well Rockets are my religion so I guess both. Lol jk. Idk lol they both bad wouldnt be happy with either.

1 person likes this.
  12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

True or not it's exactly how I felt. Bringing D'antoni and Kobe to the meeting was just a slap in the face to Howard. He didn't need to talk to those guys he needed to hear this your team and we just amnestied Kobe. That might have given them a shot. And I think Kupchak might have wanted to say that but he's not running the Lakers and the biggest problem is the young Buss may no be running it either. It sounds more like Kobe is running the show IMO. And that's why it is never going to be LA and the Lakers know it.

Which even explains all of this Warrior nonsense. Yes the more I here about this Golden State deal the more I think it was all concocted by the Lakers and Warriors and has nothing to do with D12. It makes no sense for Howard to want to leave LA to go to GS where he loses 30 mil and gets the same big millionaire tax hit that LA has plus he goes to a team that has to give up one of it's stars to complete the deal. It's just a stupid move unless he loves Curry and the GS fans.

That might be possible but there are no indications of that. Dwight isn't talking to curry and Klay everyday. Dwight hasn't given any real indication he wants to go there. But the opposite is true for Houston and I think LA knows it. And knows Houston doesn't have to do squat with LA to get Howard. So the Lakers are in salvage mode and calling the Warriors saying they are willing trade partners if you can give us something back. So the Warriors search to see if they can dump enough and then it leaks out they are doing that and Howard is like ok but that has nothing to with me.

13. Stack24

Exactly. If this happens all that stuff about winning goes out of the door and he really is that stupid. That's probably one of the worst spots if he wants to go and win.

14. CALI_MOST_WANTD

That video shout out Daryl Morey did with his daughter gave me an idea. Made me wish I had the time to go to the Staples center in my Rockets gear telling him to go to Houston. Rockets fans are everywhere even here in sunny southern California.

15. sage281

sage281 Member

Do it....I think thats a great idea

16. Stack24

Did my engagement pictures outside staples center in my Rockets gear during game 1 of the playoffs where we won and then took it to game 7.

Was a great feeling.

17. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I would... If LA wasn't about an hour half drive with traffic and I didn't have to work. By time I'd have the chance it might be to late. If only it was thought of when stak told me about his engagement pictures the other day.

18. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Sounds like it. You should post one or some of yours and tag them to him. Not a video but still.

19. sage281

sage281 Member

Ill be in LA in like 3 weeks ill make sure to pack my brand new D12 rockets jersey

20. Stack24

Would have been good if Morey reached out to all of us and told us to meet there and do a huge video haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.