1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Trying to sleep but can't, Cmon Dwight you know H-Town is the right choice for you!

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

It's weird how far apart those two are.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

LeBron wants championships. If Miami rebuilds, they are going past his prime. Sure he might like the idea of a San Antonio-like core that stay together for a while.

Alternatively, if he can skip teams to play with the new and improved Wade (James Harden), then why wouldn't he?

4. TheresTheDagger

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number to be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Yup..

I'm not sure how rock solid cyberx's sources are on the Dwight front.

6. allaroundplayer

Why did Morey trade T-Rob before he absolutely had to have the cap space?

7. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

both those guys are frauds man. none of them have been right on the money. Say what you mean for once. Doc Rocket and cyberx both are like tipping their toes here and there and using cryptic messages. Say what you mean properly without all the stupid antics morons.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No, no one said that. Thompson will not be enough to shed $34 million off the books.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cyberx, what I want to know are what "specific" elements from the Rockets pitch or franchise situation are giving him pause to sign in Houston?

10. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I believe DocR . Dwight probably gave Morey and company a hint that he's leaning towards the Rocket.

But I also believe Cyberx...that Dwight's lost.

Dwight probably keeps changing his mind...who knows.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Even if they shed those contracts, the lakers minimum requirement is Thompson.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Went to watch some fireworks and then the gym... anything happen in the past few hours?

13. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

so you are bipolar ? :grin:

14. TheresTheDagger

Ok, listen. I'm not gonna deny its a long shot and perhaps I've even put out a scenario that is unlikely. I can see you have your heart set on Dwight in Houston and can't possibly imagine any scenario otherwise. He's a lock.

So with that in mind......

Dwight....make the smart decision and choose Houston. You'll never regret it.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Guessing he wanted to go into the meeting able to say we were 100% ready to move.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is a notorious flip flopper and now he is making an career altering decision so I think Cyberx has a point. this might drag out for the whole weekend

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

This is really infuriating. So now we aren't just at DH's mercy -- but also at the mercy of GS, LA, and whatever other teams might be part of a GS/LA S&T. Meanwhile, we sit and wait while other viable free agents come off the board.

FML.

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Probably...lol

19. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

fwiw most of the media sources line up with what Cyberx is saying

20. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

We have to be objective and know that we are fans and we all want Dwight here.

Morey has done a great job putting us in position to get him.

But its Dwights decision and its not that easy to choose right now especially if Golden State can pull off this miracle and keep curry, klay and shooters around him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.