1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Peter Vecsey is a turd nugget, who masquerades as a bad journalist.

2. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

They wouldn't be re-neg on the deal. They would be restructuring it into a bigger deal with the same team...

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Those guys are already gone. I assume Dwight knows that and is okay with that. I don't see how it is that crazy that Dwight would want to play w/ those remaining after this hypo SnT:

Starting lineup: Curry, Klay, Jefferson, Lee, Howard

4. megadon

megadon Member

If they Amnesty Pau, the Lakers salary would be at 57 Million dollars, right at the threshold. And sign and trade with Dwight would have to come with a similar contract I believe. like Bogut and Biedrens. Or Jefferson and Biedrens. If the Lakers can get back draft picks in a three way trade with GS warriors, third party , and the Lakers, the Lakers could be all right with their salary cap structure probably.

More Likely, the GS Warriors need to find a third team to unload payroll. That would be very difficult to do.

5. Lakers24

Lakers24 New Member

Wanna bet?

6. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

If only he was Karl Malone.

7. pwnyxpress

Oh truf, sorry, that went over my head haha. You're right. I guess this is possible. I don't think POR is in a rush so won't bite, but yeah.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Why would they keep Kobe, Nash, and Metta if they are trying tank? You have to be one of the worst teams in the league to make tanking worth it.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing about Dwight's decision is that the teams in question do not have static rosters. So, it's not as simple as just deciding among 5 teams as currently constituted.

The rosters (and even coaches and front office) can, and in some instances, must, change prior to Dwight's arrival and these changes may affect which team Dwight favors.

For example, the Rockets may be able to pull off a Josh Smith trade without giving out much assets beyond one of Lin or Asik. If the right Smith trade can be done, it may increase Houston's attractiveness. If the Lakers were to fire D'Antoni and hire Phil Jackson to be coach or an exec, it could tip things in LA's favor (they'd still have an old team, but maybe Jackson makes Dwight more confident that they'd be successful going forward). If GSW can get the salary situation straightened out without sacrificing too many assets, maybe Dwight would like them more.

Perhaps Dwight Howard is waiting to see what kind of moves each of these teams is willing and able to make before deciding.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H2A_hUmdeY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. sage281

sage281 Member

Someone needs to see if Dwight started following any of the stripers Slim Thug posted...

12. hakeemgoat

hakeemgoat Member

I gotta a feeling he is going to Stay in LA

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe...I think these teams are waiting for Dwight to do what he's going to do and they will then make their moves.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

15. pwnyxpress

Sure, but they're over the tax...right now. Pau sends out $19.3M. Bogut + Barnes is incoming $17M. They're cutting salary.

If they can't send Pau out for free (if we're out of the Dwight sweepstakes, we MIGHT be interested in a virtually free rental of Pau Gasol for a yr), they can just amnesty him.

I don't know if the alternative of letting Dwight walk for free and I assume then amnestying Metta is better. Just saying it seems very reasonable that they'd choose Barnes + pick + Bogut (expiring) for losing Pau as it does NOT screw up their 2014 plans at all and only help them, if Dwight says he is leaving for Houston if no SnT to GSW. LAL would just move or amnesty Pau afterwards and pay a small luxury tax.

They'd be in repeater for next yr, but I don't think/know if they will be deep into the tax next yr. Most of their cap will be via free agency, if not almost all of it, so not like they'll be ABLE to go over the cap that easily.

16. ILoveWhiteGirls

Dwight Staying in L.A

17. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

?~??!?

18. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

And if you just want to stick with "just amnesty Pau" and tank, then why accept Bogut back at all? Is Harrison Barnes worth paying some luxury tax and entering repeater status and having almost no chance of a top 3 pick. I mean the Lakers wouldn't be a lock for the playoffs at all, but if Kobe came back decent and Nash holds up they would have a shot a low seed and either way, with Bogut and Barnes they certainly aren't a bottom 5 team.

If they lose Howard, just amnesty Nash, trade Pau for what you can to get back expirings and some kind of piece (likely close to Barnes) and have an immensely better chance at a top 5 pick.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

yea he's going to tell his daughter that he isn't going to share the video his she made :rolleyes:. even if he does know he isn't going to indicate it.

1 person likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/whiskeyred">@whiskeyred</a>: any thoughts on all this Warriors chatter?” The Warriors? You mean the NBA Team? Haha...no. Not at all. :)</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/353000565636210689">July 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.