1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Bogut's 14.2m contract needs to be part of any deal that brings Dwight to GS.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

One of Barnes/Thompson at the very least is necessary to move enough salary to fit Howard. Plus the Warriors already lost Landry and Jack, their important bench players. Oh, and Howard has to pay California's ridiculous taxes without the benefit of 5-yr deal.

OTOH, Houston basically only lost Delfino/Garcia(Garcia basically replaced Delfino's slot) from last year and that's it. They have no injury risks near the level of Curry. They have flexibility to trade for a 3rd star/semi-star with their assets. No state income tax.

No matter how you look at it, GSW is inferior to us as a destination because they don't provide the extras that the Lakers do(LA, Hollywood, etc.)

3. knowidea

knowidea Member

1st Post

So after 400 pages of lurking, and this being my first post. I've concluded, nobody knows $#!+ about $#!+ . pretty funny actually...

4. rocketblood713

not checking Clutchfans till Friday afternoon ......(hope for some good news)

[​IMG]

5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Unless he comes to Houston right? Then he becomes your hero?

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That's a stupid thing to say. Obviously both Houston and GS are both good destinations for D12 but to say GS deserves him if they pull off some miracle to create cap space is asinine. I would think a true Rockets fan would think the Rockets deserve it for spending the last couple of years organizing their contracts in such a way to put them in position make this deal.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Lets hear 'em.

8. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

I'm not a Rockets fan so I don't see how that would be possible. :p

9. dsid411

dsid411 Member

a lot of people said that about LeBron haha

10. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

People were just waiting for Lebron to figure it out... I don't think anyone with half a brain ever said that. I know I didn't.. with Lebron it was just a matter of time.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just curious...what drives you to post repeatedly on the fansite of a team you're not a fan of on the evening of July 4?

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

13. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Activity. Following one player that I went to school with and another that I like watching play.

14. thekad

thekad Member

This isn't true.

Dwight/Fegan might think GS is a better fit with the best shooting backcourt in the league. Also, he might prefer the city over Houston.

15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Then get out of here.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

cool..who'd you go to school with?

17. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Uhhhh...No.

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Don't worry Kobe said he would teach him! ;)

19. allaroundplayer

Maybe the Lakers decided if Dwight leaves, they are going to blow it up. As in amnesty Kobe. That way they can gain more assets and avoid luxury tax. Since they are going to be terrible anyway, why not just plan for 2014?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course. Getting Howard does that and builds for the future. Getting Pau would be a quick, short term "fix" that's unlikely to make us serious contenders, in my opinion, particularly if we've lost Ask in the process. His main contribution in the long term would be the cap room created the following season. No thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.