1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I don't think we should panic over this bit of news. GSW has to show D12 that they can make cap room available for Dwight to even consider going there. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter if he wanted to go there or not because they wouldn't be able to join them if the Lakers wouldn't do a S&T with GSW. This is really something that should've been expected if GSW were serious about signing Howard. This just means that we're not the clear cut favorites that the so called experts thought we were. However, I think the Rox are still favorites, especially if we make the trade for Smith. Nevermind....panic just set in for me as I typed this.

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

we were panicking about trob's miniscule contract with actual upside and GSW thinks they can unleash these contracts with no salary coming back? haha gl

3. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

This kind of scares me. I think Dwight may have given indication to GS that he wants to play there. That has to be the only reason they are looking to move Bogut. They need Bogut, and they wouldnt move him for nothing. Trob situation was a bit different as he wasnt big part of rotation.

What sucks even more is that GS reps may have told Dwights people to give them a week or so to try and do this.

If these reports are true, its nothing but bad news. It means Dwight probably wants to stay in Cali, as ive stated before. And even if the Warriors cant do it, Dwights people will atleast give them time to. And that means moooooore waiting.

DAMNIT

4. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

For what it's worth - You make determination - Probably just normal due diligence - But I'm just giving you a fact and It may have already been posted here in the 400 pages

But Dwight was here last Friday for team Docs to do a physical - Just got this word from great source !!!

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

No worries my friends.....tomorrow will be the day Clutchfans rejoice !

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Right, some team is going to take $14 million in salary and let the picks in the deal go to the Lakers. Lol

7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Warriors wouldn't unload contracts for no reason. They might have some timetable to do something for him. :rolleyes:

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hmmmmmmmm......

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

T
    R
    O
    L
    L

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rocket fan, chill out. Dwight's not going to Golden State. Slow news day and ESPN needs to manufacture a story.</p>&mdash; Matt Jackson (@MJ4Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJ4Sports/statuses/352935972956155905">July 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why the hell would la want an expiring unless gs takes back salary

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

O_O

that's tampering

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

Which team would spend picks on $14M contract?
    Only Rockets could.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know. At some point very soon, Dwight needs to @#$% or get off the pot. If he wants to go to the Warriors, fine. Just publicly commit to them and let Golden State and L.A. spend the next few weeks haggling over the details. But to drag this out hurts every team who thinks they have a shot at him and it also hurts Dwight. If he commits to us immediately, we can make a play for Josh Smith. Any more twiddling of his thumbs, and Smith(along with many other free agents) will wind up signing with someone else instead.

15. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Oh God we're screwed

16. Convictedstupid

Jackson has been super confident for a few days.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Pretty bold for a 12'er to label an 02'er a troll...

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Love it! Finally...sanity...to balance out my recent insanity. #bewell

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dwight has 4 teams believing he's coming. I count out the Hawks because I don't think they even believe they have a shot at it.

20. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Not that the GS scenario isn't plausible but the media has vested interested in throwing ***** at the wall, especially when our own anxiety has made us all the more willing to swallow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.