1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Read more next time. It says warriors preposterously.

2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

You're one to speak. I've seen you post impossible scenarios multiple times over. Educheck yoself fool! :p

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This. I was thinking the same thing.

4. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

A. If Dwight narrows his choice between Houston & Golden State, then Dallas & Atlanta will move on. They are not morons.

B. Horford is a natural power forward. He only played center because Josh Smith was playing power forward. Since the Hawks have no inclination to re-sign Josh Smith, Horford will be playing power forward next season. Do you even understand why the Hawks have their eye on Omer Asik?

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I really like Vasquez. Sac-town did something right for a change.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not comparable at all. The Tyson Chandler situation had to do with Erick Dampier's non-guaranteed contract. It wasn't cap space that Dallas had.

Dallas was also a playoff team with a shrinking window -- they had just acquired Caron Butler and Shawn Marion that year, and resigned Jason Kidd. They HAD to do something with the Erick Dampier contract, and were able to parlay it into Tyson Chandler.

The idea that a team like Cleveland or even Atlanta (who from my brief look would have to renounce either Josh Smith or all of their non-Josh Smith free agents) would do it is something completely different. If he came attached with Barnes or Thompson, I could see some logic. Otherwise, he's a guy who's going to take minutes away from young players, and worse, shove the teams towards mediocrity ahead of a deep draft class. Or, he gets hurt and you've wasted $14 million and the chance to be opportunistic to pick up more interesting cap casualties.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This piece really does sum up the entirety of Howard's career to date. It's time for Howard to choose what is important, what matters and who he truly wants to be. Make a decision, not just where you want to go in free agency, but what you want your legacy to be.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Clark 1). Has proven that he can play. 2) is more versatile; can play two positions. I agree that his natural position is the 4, so it's a weird move, but trading for TRob would not have been better for them given the current makeup of their roster.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's troubling to me that Dwight has taken this long after July 1st. If winning is really his primary concern, he should have made a decision as quickly as possible so we could get on with signing other free agents and building more talent around him. Of course nothing Dwight does or says makes much logical sense but if Dwight were acting logically, I think this means he's resigning with the Lakers.

If he were truly about winning, he would made a decision so Morey could fill out the roster with some talent rather than waiting and waiting after the best role players were already gone.

It's going to be hilarious to watch the reaction of fans and teams after his decision. The teams that didn't get him will in some way be relieved of dealing with his drama for four years and the team that does get him will be stressed the **** out knowing they'll have to deal with his drama for four years.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

A. You do realize Dwight or his people aren't going to be coming out and announcing "HEY GUYS IT'S JUST HOUSTON, DALLAS, LA" right?
    B. You do realize they aren't desperate for a center still right?

11. dragician

dragician Member

No white smoke yet?

12. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Perhaps I may be mistaken, but Golden State is in luxury tax area, so they will need to clear more than the regular % before they can get Howard. Including the money out for Howard, they need to send out about $23 million to get there.

I see little chance LA accepts unless Golden State gives up Curry or Thompson and Barnes. And what's the reason for Howard to go there if either one of those happen?

13. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Looking more and more like golden state.

14. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Dallas can still do it in 2013, albeit for completely different reasons from 2010.

Mark Cuban has been following a very misguided idea recently. He's only signing players to 1-year contracts, and preserving cap space until they acquire their mythical superstar. Once the Mavs fail to land CP3 or Dwight this summer, it's very likely they'll go back to acquiring players on 1-year deals. They did it last year, with a 1-year contract for Chris Kaman.

Andrew Bogut is on a 1-year deal. And Bogut can be a much better fit alongside Dirk than Kaman ever was.

15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

People keep saying this but there aren't really that many big name people gone. Are you upset about missing out on Bellinelli or Korver or Al Jefferson? I'm sure not. Dwight and Josh Smith are still out there and those are really the main pieces we are going for.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Its funny how all this stuff is coming out, making people freak out, when Dwight and his people are in the mountains, probably not knowing what they are going to do.

Its all conjecture, just relax and wait until his announcement for chaos.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You get called out and have no response other than that, lol. Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!!!

18. SevenMinuteAbs

Preferably red smoke ;)

And question, has Dwight played significan minutes at the 4 before? Maybe that's something he'd like to do with Asik?

19. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Agree. Dwight doesnt know. Get a life guys

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DM the GM brought 4 2nds back for TRob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.