1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

first post in 2 years is grammar policing

wow

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not a peep. Unlikely it happens before the 10th.

3. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

This is just one of many opinion pieces that debate the merits of GS vs HOU as a fit for Howard. That's fine and all, but you still have not shared with us the link for the actual "trade proposal" you mentioned in your first post.

Can you share it? Otherwise you are just junking up the conversation with random trade ideas.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's sad watching him vouch for the warriors and try to make his crap trade credible.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

hey, its important to some people ;)

6. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

lol grammar policing

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

those "Oh Wait"s make you seem like the most obnoxious d******d, whether you are right about that matter or not.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Irrelevant. Dallas may well have something worked out contingent upon Dwight choosing Dallas.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors have to move $23,000,000 in salary just to get in the ball park to get Dwight. That means Bogut AND a major salary like Lee or Biedrins. That doesn't include losing Barnes AND possibly Thompson to get teams to make deals to take on the salaries needed... Of course Jarett Jack would be gone as well.... All assuming that there are a couple teams willing to take on the contracts, as the Lakers have no desire to pay a $45,000,000 - $50,000,000 luxury tax.

In short.... Good luck with that GS.... and if by some miracle they pull it off, their team is gutted... And this is all assuming Dwight wants to go there.

10. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Reading all the speculation and hypothetical scenarios for the GSW makes me feel more confident about the Rockets position. :)

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

there is a HUGE difference in having the cap space like the Kings and Cavs and actually WILLING to make that deal.

I doubt the kings would do anything that would help the Lakers or the Warriors - they are both rivals - not to mention after fighting so hard to keep the team in Sacramento they would be killed for making such a deal that would hurt them while helping their rivals. And they already have a decent young center in Cousins already - having Bogut does nothing to actually help them as a team. (though getting Rush would just add to all the wing players they have)

The Cavs already have 1 injured center in Varejao - they would take Bogut - maybe they would have a decent center for the entire season then and pay about 24 million dollars for that between the two guys.

Its going to be really difficult for the warriors to pull anything like that off without giving major 1st round picks of their own to the teams they are dumping the salaries off to.

Also if I were the Kings and Cavs you would rather hold onto that space and take on a salary team near the trade deadline from a team trying to get under the luxury tax and only have to pay for 1/2 the season of that player and still get a 1st round pick.

there is nothing wrong with saying that a deal like this possible - but going around thinking it will happen because you cross your fingers and know that other teams will more than bend over backwards to help your team out is silly.

It would be like me saying - the Rockets should trade Jeremy Lin, Royce White and Terrence Jones to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving and Dion Waters.

The numbers all work - both teams are under the cap -- would Cleveland ever make that trade - not anytime in the next decade.

12. thekad

thekad Member

You're talking to YoYo, right?

No, they don't.

13. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

I seriously doubt the Lakers deal Howard in the division. Just like there was no way they were going to trade Dwight to the Clippers and the rumor was Griffin/Bledsoe. Which that deal is a HELL of a lot better than the "troll proposed" GSW deal. I understand the Lakers possibly didnt want to take on Griffins salary. But point is, they are not dealing within a division.

Put it this way. If the Mavs were an up and coming team, and we had Dwight and he wanted out, and wanted to go to Dallas, theres no chance in hell that we would ever trade him to Dallas for a couple of picks. NEVER.

Now, if Dwight goes to the Lakers and says I want to go to GS and the Lakers contact them for ****s and giggles just to see what their offering, and they talk them into giving them Thompson (who they dont really need if kobe is playing 3 more years). Or Thompson (who the Lakers would like, but less upside of a Thompson. Sure he had a good little playoff run, but cmon). But still at that point, is that enough in return to build a mini superteam in your own division? I dont think so.

It just worries me that this is Dwight. And he would probably love to stay in Cali, just not with the Lakers. So he may try and force the Lakers before eventually signing here. Hopefully, after the Lakers did all of these billboards etc. go to tell him to F**K himself and they are helping him get where he wants to be.

Cmon Dwight, come to Houston. Be with Harden. Be a champion.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Curry is great, it's just those, tiny 9 year arthritic girl ankles he has that holds him back.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

And the fact that he doesn't penetrate, doesn't get to the line.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You put oh wait like four times in your post. Please go.

17. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

18. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I second this.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Chick ankles or no chick ankles...Curry is a freaking stud. Maybe the league's best pure shooter.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dwight shouldn't want to play in another Orlando Magic situation....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.