1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

My goodness....:eek:

2. Htown's Finest

Maybe Howard and Smith agree to take less money like James/Wade/Bosh did in Miami? For Howard to be able to team up with his good friend and have a chance to win a championship; maybe they will take less.

3. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Good night. Great job! :)

4. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Exactly.

A plan is in motion. That seems clear. The exact outline of the plan, I don't know. But a plan is in motion.

Man, what a great night.

YES!!!!!!!

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

doc rock is a person that leaks info about rockets moves. he leaks things by saying without saying. puzzles. puzzles that are easy to figure out. this one is about Josh Smith coming to dinner.

6. rocketblood713

damn if the meeting is over and DM didn't tweet anything after is that a bad sign ??

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Loving that they had Yao & Mutombo with video messages. Not sure Deke was a good choice, I would just crack up when I wouldn't understand what he was saying. Can you imagine 10 guys in that room laughing at Deke as they run question marks down the bottom of the screen throughout the video message ;)

Funny how the Lakers were confident and really arrogant at first that this is LA and we don't need to convince you. Now they've had billboards, the first call, bring in Kobe & Nash among other surprising guests, hire a former Magic, bring back Phil in a way. Getting REALLY, SERIOUSLY desperate!! I will always remember this moment when the Lakers got down on their knees and basically begged Dwight Howard to stay.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'm from melb and I agree.. We are hard to find

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Iggy is looking for money and plus with Parsons he makes nosense here..

10. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

If J Smith was at our dinner then this might've been awkward....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Y! Sources: Detroit meeting with free agent Josh Smith at 12:01 EST, planning to make substantial offer. <a href="http://t.co/iPlHXBnOAE">http://t.co/iPlHXBnOAE</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/351551744121110528">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I can see a packiage of Smith and Howard but Iggy?.thats to far fetched I think. I guess if you aim for the stars you might land on the moon as the saying goes. Aim high.

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Probably want to his cards close so the other teams don't know what's going on.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Iggy?? His post was talking about Smith and Howard taking less money to team up and play with Harden.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm going to go ahead and say it since we are all thinking it: This has to be the greatest celebration gif ever made.

I challenge anyone to find a better one... I mean look at it... the epicness, even without super saiyan 2 powers... my gawd!

1 person likes this.
  15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If so I stand corrected.

16. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I agree. I dont think all 3 end up on Houston. But they are probably helping each other out, strategizing.

I'm not saying they all come to Houston. But I think they are talking and looking to help each other out and team up if they can. Making contingency plans, etc.

17. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

It is amazing, that gif.

18. TheSource

TheSource Member

take it for what its worth

but just got a text from my friend "done deal"

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Not to add fuel to what is purely speculation: According to YOYO the Rockets caravan only left at around 9:15. Add travel time, that's plenty of time for Smith to have already met with the Pistons

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

‏@WojYahooNBA Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets dinner meeting has ended in Beverly Hills, source tells Y! Sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.